Aftermarket steering wheels (postem)

masterchief819

Apr 4, 2006
us
Did a quick search and couldn't find much. So post your aftermarket steering wheels. I don't know much about them but what's the common bang/buck choice?

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
I can't afford the Momo race I want so I bought a cheap one off ebay. Cost me like $40 and I got a hub adapter for about $25. I felt it was worth it because the leather on the stocker was well worn.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
I intend to eventually move the buttons fron the stock wheel to the TEMS location. I no longer have TEMS so I won't miss the buttons. Also I never use cruise anyways so I really don't miss it while I make my design/plans.

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
Sawbladz said:
I can't afford the Momo race I want so I bought a cheap one off ebay. Cost me like $40 and I got a hub adapter for about $25. I felt it was worth it because the leather on the stocker was well worn.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

looks great, how does it feel?

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
debrucer said:
Okay, that gives you a horn. What do you do for the cruise control? Or doesn't anybody keep the cruise control around here? I want HP and I want a new wheel; but I'm trying NOT to give up functionality.

go to your local auto store, and see if they have any cruise control kits. relocated it to anywhere you want.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Sawbladz said:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I got a wheel for my dd integra and mine turned out to be very small like a go-cart or something they measured a different way to get 320mm from the wheel I got.

Jeff

masterchief819

Apr 4, 2006
us
Sawbladz said:

[IG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i271/Sawbladz/Mk2038.jpg[/IMG]

Sounds like what I'm planning on doing. Leather stocker is peeling, cracking, crumbling, ripping, and grimy.

So after an extensive search on ebay (~30 seconds), I found these two things:

Hub:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STEE...704QQitemZ230107999160QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Wheel (initial-D lol..):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AE86...ItemQQcategoryZ33704QQitemZ230109409753QQrdZ1

Am I set if I just bought those two items? Or am I wrong..

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
be VERY CAREFUL ordering the cheapo wheels off of ebay.... as stated before...they ARE smaller in diameter by a good amount...not the best for performance because it will require more turning of the wheel to turn the car.... plus it looks weird IMO lol

masterchief819

Apr 4, 2006
us
Idealsupra said:
be VERY CAREFUL ordering the cheapo wheels off of ebay.... as stated before...they ARE smaller in diameter by a good amount...not the best for performance because it will require more turning of the wheel to turn the car.... plus it looks weird IMO lol

I thought smaller diameter steering wheels gives a better feel when turning. I dunno...maybe someone can explain this?

chedderknight

PiYauD-BaKa
Apr 4, 2005
Glendale, CA
www.myspace.com
when it comes to ebay, you get what you pay for, I bought some generic wheel, cause i needed the car on the road as soon as possible (blown airbag), now my crap wheel is coming apart, I"m hoping on my next paycheck to get a genuine momo.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
SuperSupraKid said:
looks great, how does it feel?

My wheel feels great. I have felt a Momo race before and there is a noticeable differance but mine doesn't feel low quality. It is quite smooth and the stitching is very good. I have no regrets with the steering wheel.

The hub on the other hand, I hate. I can't seem to make my horn work. If someone with a genuine Momo hub could chime in I would appreciate it. Did you have any problems making the horn work when you installed your wheels?if you have any pictures of a Momo hub that would be great too. Thanks.