Aftermarket steering wheel, what hub adapter

D

drumminforev

What and where can i get a knock off hub adapter for 6 bolt steering wheels. momo wants 70 but thats too much

D

drumminforev

So im still left with wondering where to get these hubs. how will i know which will work, since you say 'most'

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
have you tried finding a Grant hub?

or how about a sparco, they only sell for ~$300

imho, pay for a momo. they are nice parts, worth the money. with noname brands, you can never be sure of the quality.

D

drumminforev

I plannd on buying an ebay 25 steering wheel and a matching price hub. I dont see what is wrong with them and see no reason to spend 300 dollars on a steering wheel thats the exact same thing.

Whats a grant hub?

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
Grant is a parts-store brand.

as for the hub and wheel, its up to you. i personally dont want to risk something breaking when im driving at high speed... but thats just me. you may enjoy a challenge/sense of danger :)

there is also a difference in "feel" between the cheap and more expensive wheels. the momo wheels feel sturdy, thick material, nice real leather, etc.

D

drumminforev

So are supras just the standard 6 bolt design. Whats the point of knowing the steering wheels are all the same for these cars because i dont plan on swapping stock steering wheels.

BTW how did the nrg feel in terms of comfort and quality, i was checkin them out.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
I had an NRG quick release and hub.

Most non brand specific hubs are drivved for momo and Sparco. Grant uses a momo bolt pattern.

I was 100% satisfied with my NRG quick release setup