Aftermarket steering wheel install successful! Now how to make the turn signals work

ill Z

Back on the Grind
Mar 18, 2007
USA
Hello,

I installed a Grant Wheel with Grant hub adapter and wheel adapter. Install was fairly smooth, I even modified the horn following some instructions I found on SM last week. Horn doesn't seem to want to cooperate, and I figured that was no big deal...my turn signals however, I could really use those. To be honest, I'm not sure what went wrong with the turn signals. I know there is a black plastic(ring?) around the steering column and it's pushed down a bit due to the pressure I applied to install the hub adapter. I'm assuming this could be linked to the turn signals causing them not to function. I've done several searches and can't seem to find anything relating to this. Someone else surely has run into this issue somewhere down the road. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm hesitant to take the wheel back off, i think this is my only option though.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
As I recall there is a little plastic ring under the wheel adaptor that has to be lined up properly for the signals to turn off automatically. As far as the signals not working, changing the wheel (even aftermarket) shouldn't affect that.

Like mkIIIman089 said, see if your hazards work cause they all run off the same circuit.

And yes, your going to have to take the wheel off to access the automatic signal off ring behind the grant adaptor you're using.

I use an adaptor that I modified for my wheel and I found the threads that hold the wheel to the adaptor tend to wear out after you have had them in and out a couple of times. I helicoiled mine...problem solved.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
I think he's referring to the turn signal cancelling when the wheel turns? I had to hack my stock steering cover apart and glue the rear part to my hub so it would turn the signal cancelling mechanism.
Untitled-2.jpg

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
He said they do not function... not they won't shut off. My Sparco hub cancels the turn signals just fine, had a little notch in it.

ill Z

Back on the Grind
Mar 18, 2007
USA
Thanks for the help everyone! The Hazards were not plugged in correctly. At least it was a simple fix.