aftermarket manifold

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
A manifold is a manifold.....You get the manifold based on the turbo you are planning to run. There are basically two different types.....cast and tubular.....tubular = better spool.....cast = will not crack as the tubular ones do...atleast the ones off of egay. I am not aware of a way to measure how good or bad a manifold is.....the only way I can tell is that the ones off of ebay that crack = bad, and the others that do not i guess could be labeled as good.

mista_sup

Nov 13, 2006
atlanta
cool thanks for the info..

black87turbo;1206060 said:
A manifold is a manifold.....You get the manifold based on the turbo you are planning to run. There are basically two different types.....cast and tubular.....tubular = better spool.....cast = will not crack as the tubular ones do...atleast the ones off of egay. I am not aware of a way to measure how good or bad a manifold is.....the only way I can tell is that the ones off of ebay that crack = bad, and the others that do not i guess could be labeled as good.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Nothing compares to a good tubular manifold though. And there's another that wasn't mentioned, log style. :runaway:

No, I do not endorse log style manifolds, I was just stating that they do exist for our cars.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
If you're using the stock turbo, stick to the stock manifold. The manifold isn't the bottleneck, the turbo is and I doubt you'd see any noticable gains changing.

Now if you're changing turbos it's a whole different story...

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Poodles;1206461 said:
Now if you're changing turbos it's a whole different story...

Hey Poodles! I was considering a tubular manifold myself. I'm currently running the 20G listed in my sig; but, just bought a JT61GT (www.notrice.com) to install sometime this next summer. In your opinion, would it be worth it to upgrade to a tubular type manifold for either the 20G or the JT61GT?

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
CajunKenny;1206576 said:
Hey Poodles! I was considering a tubular manifold myself. I'm currently running the 20G listed in my sig; but, just bought a JT61GT (www.notrice.com) to install sometime this next summer. In your opinion, would it be worth it to upgrade to a tubular type manifold for either the 20G or the JT61GT?

The JT61GT is made to fit the stock manifold.....I would just bore out the stock manifold and run the hell out of that JT61GT....I hear that is one hell of a nice turbo.