Aftermarket harmonic damper ?

fstoy

Soon to be Evil Twin
Mar 30, 2005
Texas
Does anyone have any info, or if there is a shelf unit available for the 7mgte.

I remember there was a thread about someone having a custom damper made...I searched both forums and cant find anthing.

I would appreciate any info or link!
Thanks
David Z

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
yep, it was figgie. he had a custom DAMPENED (key word here) crank pulley made, and i believe he had the option to have an A/C belt slot or not to have one. :)

-shaeff

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
That is correct.... :)

for some reason the images on MKIIItech are down so here are two without the A/C pulley on :)

p184709_1.jpg

p184709_2.jpg

p184709_3.jpg

Price is around $700 expect about 4-6 weeks wait.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
btw I forgot to add that I am the ONLY person with a 7m running this sucker. None have sold yet as the price seems to steep for most buyers but yet they sink 3000+ dollars into ar ebuild and run the OLD crank pulley.

Love the thought process :)

fstoy

Soon to be Evil Twin
Mar 30, 2005
Texas
figgie said:
btw I forgot to add that I am the ONLY person with a 7m running this sucker. None have sold yet as the price seems to steep for most buyers but yet they sink 3000+ dollars into ar ebuild and run the OLD crank pulley.

So is this a shelf item? I am guessing not since there is a 4 to 6 week wait.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
So far, my old crank pulley has worked fine, even on the stroker setup and all it's weird harmonics.... :) (Fingers crossed at this time for many more miles to come.)

Don't know that the 700.00 unit would be better than my stocker, they both are rubber damped right? Or is that unit you have fluid damped with a silicone?

I hear the best setup is ball bearings in a silicone fluid, self balanceing, and dampens vibrations too.

Best would be to have a crank/dampener designed exactly for each engine, but the cost would be about 10x what Figged posted, or more possibly.

VanSupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Van,B.C.
figgie said:

So true and I am one of these people :nono: . I recently heard that an aftermarket balancer is needed to run 9's at the track..Has anyone else heard of this or have any insight in regaurds to this?

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
figgie said:

Your are one of 2 fig

Duane

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
figgie said:

The 4>6 week lead time nailed me so I just ordered in a new stocker!

I do agree though a 15+ year old damper on a performance build doesn't make a lot of sense!

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
upgradedsupra said:
Your are one of 2 fig

Duane

lol duane when it comes to the mk3, is there anything you dont or didnt have? Its like were all kids in a candy store, but you own the store n tasted all the candy already.

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
I would have gotten one already, but unfortunately the crank trigger setup i have bolts up to the 4 holes on the inside of the stock dampener, and the ati setup doesnt have that....i could always make ANOTHER custom stand-off for the trigger wheel, but im tired of getting custom stuff made....I'll just wait till i grenade the bottom end to do it.... ;)

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Slow66 said:
I would have gotten one already, but unfortunately the crank trigger setup i have bolts up to the 4 holes on the inside of the stock dampener, and the ati setup doesnt have that....i could always make ANOTHER custom stand-off for the trigger wheel, but im tired of getting custom stuff made....I'll just wait till i grenade the bottom end to do it.... ;)

You might grenade the bottom end trying to stick with me for power :biglaugh:

Duane

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
upgradedsupra said:
You might grenade the bottom end trying to stick with me for power :biglaugh:

Duane

hahah...nice :D

I bet whatever you make at 30psi, i'll make at 20psi :eek: :D (hows that for throwing the gauntlet?):biglaugh:

Gimme a call tonight Duane, i should be free around 8pm ET