shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
60mm greddy peak/hold/warning
boost
egt
air/fuel

egt and a/f are in a-pillar
boost is mounted in front of stock boost gauge, hanging from the black trim under the overhang of the dash.

looks good, i want to put at least 3 more in over the winter, all greddy, i may put a simple 52mm fuel pressure in the din below the radio, and a 60mm p/h/w water temp and oil pressure in front of their respective stock gauges.

but with cops cracking down on pillar mounted gauge pods, i may have to rethink my current setup.... i want to be somewhat stealthy... at least to the po-po's

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
60mm DEFI in the a-pillar, 2 now, 3 in a week or so. Everywhere else besides that or the gauge cluster seems like a chore to look at :(

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
supra90turbo said:
60mm greddy peak/hold/warning
boost
egt
air/fuel

egt and a/f are in a-pillar
boost is mounted in front of stock boost gauge, hanging from the black trim under the overhang of the dash.

looks good, i want to put at least 3 more in over the winter, all greddy, i may put a simple 52mm fuel pressure in the din below the radio, and a 60mm p/h/w water temp and oil pressure in front of their respective stock gauges.

but with cops cracking down on pillar mounted gauge pods, i may have to rethink my current setup.... i want to be somewhat stealthy... at least to the po-po's

cops cracking down on pillar mount gauges ?what's the deal with that?????

also, your a/f guage... did it come with a sensor or no?

I just bought a Greddy P/H/W gauge that I'm going to put where my rear-view mirror used to be...

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Don't know about there Jeff but here the Cops have these little stand things they put on the hood and they have to be visable from the drivers seat, if there's any obstruction you get defected!
(but maybe your post was tongue in cheek)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Justin: LOL old people sayings ;)
(I'm old)

"The commonly told tale about this phrase is that it derives from the acting practice of thrusting one's tongue into your cheek to keep from laughing at an inappropriate moment. There is no evidence to support this story or the idea that the phrase originates in the theater.

The phrase dates to 1748 when it was fashionable to signal contempt for someone by making a bulge in your cheek with your tongue. By 1842 the phrase had acquired its modern, ironic sense"

To “take something with a grain of salt” is to view a statement with a skeptical attitude. “She took the claim that he didn’t want to be president with a grain of salt.”

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
True IJ,

The po po around here tend to frown on "modified" cars...and also like pulling us over and giving out tickets like tic tacs at a mellisa etheridge concert.

All in all, they are just "cop magnets" if you ask me. I am mounting my gauges with dwayne's carbon fiber panal above the glove box and on the side of my dash where the passengers left knee rests...

-Jonathan

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I know of this test as I used to run a 427 Chev with a Crower mechanical Injector with 8x3" staggered pipes and velocity stacks sticking through the Hood ;) (never actually got defected just pulled over 20+ times in 2 weeks so they could look)(those were the days!)

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Yeah, the days before people started making errounious retarded laws about how high the car should sit......ugh

I believe the US is in dire need of a new legislative branch....the judges are there for LIFE......and have more power than the PRESIDENT HIMSELF!!!

Anyone ever think of that? Seriously, I think the reason for such retarded and brash law outbreaks in the US lately is due to the lack of new fresh minds in the judicial and legislative branches. I guess they are stuck in the "good ol' boy" fashion from way back when and try to implement their beliefs from the old days into the today.

I am sure that all makes perfect sense, especially in this thread......LOL

sorry, but I just felt I had to bring that up. It definantly is an ongoing epedemic here in my city with the cops pullign anyone with a lowered car or one that has nice wheels over for a ticket or some sort of "NEW LAW" that was just passed.

We are going to create laws that wont even let us out of our houses to get more toilet paper if we dont act right now :biglaugh:

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Wow, I have no idea what you're talking about with that hood viewing dealie, IJ, lol.

Around here, nobody would care one bit about whether you had gauges on your pillar, they're so out of the way anyways, it's probably safer than having them lower because you don't have to look down to see them.

Weird.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
LOL Jeff the Cops here started it all way back in the day when ProStock style Hood scoops were the in thing to have (Look a bit like McDonalds Bin lids to me)

We also weren't allowed to have a rear facing Hood scoop that was open in case of oil on the screen!

I think from memory the stand thing was on each corner and one in the middle that were about 4" high anything that blocked them from view and ya got the magic yellow sticker :(!

Cops here now have the power to confiscate cars that are street racing and sell them at auction! (This would suck bigtime)

Agree on not having to look down a HUD would solve it all!