Aftermarket gauges - where do you place them?

lifesnotfair

Dec 26, 2005
Dominican Republic
I'm going turbo, I want an aftermarket boost gauge, I'd like to have it on the left pillar. I've heard some "lotek" company sells those pods for our cars? Is it true? ... I've also read that the A/F gauges are worthless, and it's better to just get an Apexi thing that shows the exact A/F ratio?

Just curious. Also don't know where to playce a turbo timer and/or boost control. I was thinking of the ashtray.... who knows.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
search around here. one of the SM members, tte, is making pillar pods out of c/f and other materials i believe. really good quality. you don't want to get a lotek pillar pod, quality is crap. as for the a/f gauge, id go for the apexi s-afc, and if you need an electronic boost control, the apexi a-vcr is a good choice. people have been placing these in the ashtray spot for a while, if you want, tte makes the pillar pod custom makes a console with openings in the sizes you request. really helpful if you want to tastefully mount your two apexi units side by side or top and bottom. as for the timer, some place it in the small vent right below the steering wheel.

check out his thread under composite products for the mkiii http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2711&highlight=pillar+pods

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
ive got my safc2 in the ashtray position, underneith my mp3 player i have my blitz dual timer and dsbs side by side.
Im looking at replacing my factory gauges with autometer gauges in the instrument cluster. Im not a big fan of having gaues "tacked" on here and there, I previously had a hks boost gauge installed infront of the factory boost gauge but it got "uninstalled" along with my safc (in the ashtray location) hense i want to put it behind the dash.

Cravin Boost

MMMM Smells like coolant
Nov 8, 2005
Eugene OR
whats the matter with the regular coin holders? and yes lotek makes apiller guage poads. 3 pods no oshit handle 2 pods with the oshit handle.

bhgmaster

Mar 17, 2006
so cal
Cravin Boost said:
whats the matter with the regular coin holders? and yes lotek makes apiller guage poads. 3 pods no oshit handle 2 pods with the oshit handle.

if the driver needs the o shit handle you've got bigger problems than you think

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
i don't like the 3 gauge piller pod i think it lok bad and is hard to see the top gauge

i lik my 2 pot one

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
no reason for an ash tray if you don't smoke. i've got gauge plans coming this summer. i'll definatly post pics when i've got it done. :) (think custom cluster, along with 5-6 gauges in the shifter bezel)

edit: no reason for an ash try if you DO smoke. get out of the damn car if you're going to smoke, haha.

-shaeff