aftermarket fuel pump q's

bluemk3

cool
Feb 28, 2006
h burg, PA
i am thinking of getting an amftermarket fuel pump and i herd my friends neon with one an dit makes a loud wining noise the whole tim ethe car runns is this normal for an aftermarket pump should i expect the noises with the bigger pump ( i know i need one i was just wonderign if they all do it or just cheaper ones ps any suggestions on which to buy if my max goals ar the 425 range wheel hp

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Clean this up with punctuation and spelling...then you might get an answer.

:3d_frown:

PorterzSupra

Oct 25, 2005
Hebron CT
Most of the aftermarket inline ones make that noise like the MSD. The intank pumps are louder too but not as noticeable because they are intank. So yes most aftermarket pumps do whine. You want a Walbro 255, they go for $100 bucks sent on ebay. With a Walbro and exhaust your not gonna be able to hear it at all.

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
I could never hear the Toyota pump, but I could hear my Walbro. Nothing objectionable, but the faint noise was there. You may also want to check into an MKIV TT fuel pump. I've never heard one humming away in a stock TT MKIV.
If you want more horsepower than stock, you'll have to make many compromises along the way, specially with your stated power goals.