aftermarket flywheel

webbs7mgte

Jun 2, 2008
wisconsin
im nto sure either on XTD read in the General MK3 Discussion section aobut the scams. I believe it is about XTD:3d_frown:. But I have alwasy run a Fidanza flywheel. Personaly I LOVE THEM:love:. But to each his own. I've heard some people hate them. Or some guy told me they have a issue with breaking(how that has happend or if it has happened i dont know and highly doubt). But i run with the name that has sold more with less problems.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
I've run a Fidanza alloy flywheel for years.. no problems.

The starter ring is well done, and the friction surface is fine too.

Clutch is an RPS sprung 6 puck.. 3 carbon, 3 sintered bronze.. Pressure plate looks like a stock one.. (I think RPS screwed me, but it works....)

Pressure plate is supposed to be a higher clamping force one.. And it very well might be.. it appears there is some work done to the pivot point.. but the springs are just like the stock ones I removed.. So twice the clamping force? I doubt it.

What I do not like about this clutch is the on-off nature of it. There is no slipping of this clutch for smoothness.. it engages, and that is it. Slam. you are now moving.

Try and slip it, and the thing chatters like crazy. Especially backing up slight inclines..