Aftermarket Dash (motec etc) - who has done it?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
mk3_7m;1785399 said:
So what ever happened to the factory warning lights, indicator arrows, high beam. Would these be street legal?

I used the SLM in mine to perform all those functions, when you run it with a dash you can choose 8 channels all with different colours.

sdl04.jpg

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
IJ.;1785545 said:
I used the SLM in mine to perform all those functions, when you run it with a dash you can choose 8 channels all with different colours.

sdl04.jpg

ohh i see. Thanks for that IJ.

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
I wont have a high beam warning on my dash but i never drive the thing at night on country roads so not an issue. I think ill be able to retain the indicators in the factory position if I cut neatly/carefully. They should sit right above the dash. And I also learnt by reading the manual that the racepak can be configured to display odometer but its dependent upon GPS.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I know the AIM Dash has lights for the turn signals, I am not sure if the RacePak does.

Haltech worked with RacePak to design this dash BUT can I be used with the AEM V2 which also has a CAN cable?

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
the Haltech version is just basically a Racepak IQ3 with the haltech channels already programmed into the dash (comes with 16 pre-programmed and 3 "custom" channels which you can choose). Can support up to 32 different channels/sensors though. If you wanted something for your AEM you'd probably be better off with the regular Racepak IQ3 and i'm sure if you talk to racepak they can provide you with the interface to suit your ECU.

I really cant wait to get this up and running and start playing around with the software. Going to be a fairly steep learning curve I think.

Also with the turn signals, I dont believe racepak can do it. It has 4 warning lights and sequential shift lights but I doubt these can be wired up to be used as other signals.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
spiller;1786005 said:
that software looks a lot more up to date than the racepak! priced accordingly I guess :p

Well

the software is actually part of the SDL/SDL3 software which requires any of those two dashes. $2k investment

With the ACL/ADL3, it is even better but that is an 8K investment.

You can run it off the ECU's but it is so gimped that it is not worth it.