aftermarekt electronic oil pres. Sender Bad?

MA70Snowman

Oct 17, 2006
San Diego
Well for awhile now, my aftermarket sender has been just sitting on zero (not a huge problem because my car has been down) well its up now. and I went to trouble shoot the issue. and I chased it down to the sender.

The sender was installed directly (w/ a npt-> bpt adapter) into the forward port right behind the PS pump. when I removed it, I cranked the engine JUST incase no oil was actually getting there.. within about 40 seconds of cranking on the engine oil came out. Good.. so its the sender.. I tried removing the little nut that kept the wire in place.. and it spun and spun and spun.. the whole thin inside the adapter was spinning.. so my guess is.. something inside is busted.

Now I'm going to be running a 12" or so long -3 an Line to the adapter and mount the sender by the AFM to get it away from the heat. However.. whats the best way to replace it? Its an evil autostyle gauge which was discontinued some time ago.. There's no specifications for the sending unit in the manual.. its just a single wire going to the sender to the gauge. What do most aftermarket senders use? and what does the stock sender use? anyone know of a cheap/good replacment and where to get it? or know of any other options?

pln

Get the gate!
Apr 10, 2007
eskilstuna.SWEDEN
MA70Snowman;1460267 said:
bump for anyone?

I have acctually had 0 reading from the same location. Iam begining to suspect its no oilpressure there.. But I have not tried the new sender in the original output. But all stuff was new and the gage and wires was tested ok though.

MA70Snowman

Oct 17, 2006
San Diego
pln;1460556 said:
I have acctually had 0 reading from the same location. Iam begining to suspect its no oilpressure there.. But I have not tried the new sender in the original output. But all stuff was new and the gage and wires was tested ok though.

IT worked for awhile though.. thats why i'm suspecting the sender.. plus after pouring over the forums alot of people recommend that spot so I know there's gotta be a reason.. also, its on the same path that the stock sender is on.

pln

Get the gate!
Apr 10, 2007
eskilstuna.SWEDEN
MA70Snowman;1460714 said:
IT worked for awhile though.. thats why i'm suspecting the sender.. plus after pouring over the forums alot of people recommend that spot so I know there's gotta be a reason.. also, its on the same path that the stock sender is on.

hmmm.. ok. I got sporatic pressure first and I've heard of others with the same symptom, but ofcourse the problem can be caused by other things.
well i will try to change my sender, its such a crappy location so I will wait until I take the manifoild ant turbo off.