AFPR vacuum hoses and an electrical problem

Gunnar

Jul 11, 2008
Belgium
www.chiptuners.org
After the rebuild there were some issues so i started going down the list of vacuum hoses. Along the way i found something sparking under the fusebox.
Turns out the previous owner had connected some thick wires with a bolt and shoved them out of the way under the fusebox. Anyone have an idea where they are supposed to go ?

dsc01840q.jpg

Then secondly i have some issues with the vacuum hoses for the fpr.
When i look at the schematic i see the VSV having just two hoses connected.
However my vsv has 3 hose tubes sticking out.
At the bottom of the vsv there is one in location B that goes downwards, should i hook that up to something?
Then the A line should go to location C tube, then D tube connects to E line.
I can't figure out where the E line ends after going in the metal tube.

afprhoses.jpg

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
Those look like your ground wires. If that's the case, they should bolt to the body/frame somewhere.

...pretty much anywhere, actually, as long as it's metal.

I'm pretty much that's what they are, but you may want to double check that.

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
on the vsv
B is a filter. No hose connects to that port. A filter should be on it.
E comes off the main fat tube fed directly from the manifold.
A is the one that goes back up to feed the fpr.

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
Ah, I didn't think of that. That's probably what it is.

...and I didn't mean that they should bolt to the battery. I meant that's where they were coming from. Then again, my fuse box and battery were both relocated a long time ago, so I don't remember much of this.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
if it is a ground with out properly being ground it would show 12v. double check you wiring with a schematic to make sure.

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
Gunnar;1341972 said:
Yep i'm missing that.
Guess i'll have to start looking around for that bit or another fusebox, as the whole thing is gone.

there's a guy near you with three supras or something. I know multiple people in belgium with some MKIII supras. It shouldn't be hard to source another fusebox.

Gunnar

Jul 11, 2008
Belgium
www.chiptuners.org
Hey vork ;-)

If you know them can you get me a way to get in touch with them?
Im getting desperate here, replaced all vacuum hoses and im finding more and more wiring crap like this :

Brown wire exiting wiring loom between injector 2 and 3. probably cut or torn off and no idea where that goes to.

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
well I can't help you right now as i'm leaving for a small holiday right now.
but just register at www.shoarmateam.nl/forum and ask/look for belgian people. TTE is a member, he has 3 supras. also tomtoyo is a member with multiple supras I believe. Just introduce yourself and ask for parts. Members will chime in in no time.
(I believe we have more than 10 belgian supra owners or so)

anonymic

Jun 11, 2009
Shippensburg, PA
Since those wires bolt to the fuse directly, get a new fuse & bolt it up, wrap it in electrical tape and shove it up in the void in your fuse box for the time being. That way you're protected if something's wrong with your system.

Gunnar

Jul 11, 2008
Belgium
www.chiptuners.org
Yeah, i rewired them some months ago, must be a leftover end i forgot about.

Besides the running ritch and retarded under boost from the knock sensor broken issue, the car is driving very nice now. 10psi boost now and its making me smile. Next week i get the knock sensors and then it's time to start seeing how i can get it to around 0.82 lambda under full boost.