afc neo settings, general info

HLVW wrecker

Dec 27, 2009
edmonton
Searched and couldn't find anything

I'm having my afc installed into my supra soon, and was wondering if anyone here has one installed on a basically stock 1j, and what they find to be the best settings?

When i had it installed in my soarer she ran like ass at 0%, and started to wake up once i plugged 15% in, and made adjustments from there(netted 298whp on stock twins, FMIC 3" turbo-back, hks exh camgear at -4 deg)

post up your preferred settings and the results please, lets get some discussion going.

mike

cbutler

Jan 31, 2006
Regina, SK
HLVW wrecker;1479358 said:
Searched and couldn't find anything

I'm having my afc installed into my supra soon, and was wondering if anyone here has one installed on a basically stock 1j, and what they find to be the best settings?

When i had it installed in my soarer she ran like ass at 0%, and started to wake up once i plugged 15% in, and made adjustments from there(netted 298whp on stock twins, FMIC 3" turbo-back, hks exh camgear at -4 deg)

post up your preferred settings and the results please, lets get some discussion going.

mike

Well, the best setting is whatever gets you in that 11.5:1 range at WOT and full boost for your particular set up. Last year when I still had the stock twins my set up was full 3" exhaust from Y-pipe back, intake, 15 psi boost and I found that pulling about 15-17% from about 4000rpm up got me the best results on the dyno.

HLVW wrecker

Dec 27, 2009
edmonton
well, i dont know if im goin to install it or not now anymore, saving up for a 2j and an AEM ems so installing it would be kinda redundant(seeing how i already got a Mine's ecu in it)

thank you for the input.

mike