aems question????

supraman2008

mk3 lover
Aug 9, 2007
houston texas
Hi i got the aems standalone for my car and after i picked the car up from the shop i noticed several things wrong which is the gauge cluster on my car wasnt reading the speed the tach or the temp. gauge is this normal after you go standalone because before i had the stock ecu everthing was working properly?? i asked the shop and they said this is was happens when you want a race car??? is it the shops fault for not wiring it up correctly?? any one that has a standalone. what were you results when you got your car back??:1zhelp: thanks for everyones advice i just dont think this is normal??

dslocal

Nov 9, 2008
slo
well your spedo is mechanical so the standalone should have nothing to do with it.
Your water temp and tach are not controlled by the ecu either. And in a "race car" I think I would want to know how fast I'm spinning my engine and how hot it is too. I'd take it back and tell them to fix it. I am sure you paid good money to have it installed and tuned.

aljordan

LEADED FUEL ONLY
Jul 14, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
www.apeserver.com
There were no such issues when i switched from the vpc/afc to the AEM. They are incapable of doing this work and I would not trust them to tune the car. It's very simple to install the ECU and add in the MAP and IAT sensor. It's 5 wires.

I would suggest searching out a new tuner down in Houston who may charge another 400, but it'll be rock solid and you will never have an issue at all.