AEM V2 install questions

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
Hey guys,

Does anyone have a pinout handy for the 30-6050 AEM V2 7mgte 87-89?

I bought this thing forever ago and just installed and am wiring it up. I need to make sure Im correct on where to wire the MAP, IAT and UEGO leads.

The internet has lots for the V1, but I am having trouble with finding stuff for the V2.

I have the Driftmotion PnP harness just not documentation or manual with the unit, guess I misplaced it.

Thanks guys!

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
teedoff00;2095102 said:
Hey guys,

Does anyone have a pinout handy for the 30-6050 AEM V2 7mgte 87-89?

I bought this thing forever ago and just installed and am wiring it up. I need to make sure Im correct on where to wire the MAP, IAT and UEGO leads.

The internet has lots for the V1, but I am having trouble with finding stuff for the V2.

I have the Driftmotion PnP harness just not documentation or manual with the unit, guess I misplaced it.

Thanks guys!

Just do a google for the 30-6050 pinout. I found it on like the first listing and used it when I was running through my setup.

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
Hey Thanks for the reply. So I've got everything wired up except for the TACH lead. Does anyone know where this goes? Also, do I need to do anything with the Headlight Relay, Defogger relay, Turbo Indicator plug from the stock engine harness or can I just leave it disconnected?

Thanks for the help!

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
The Headlight Relay, Defogger relay, Turbo Indicator plug are not used in my ECUMasters standalone either. The headlight relay and defogger relay adjusts the idle slightly with the stock ECU when turned on.

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
Good info. Thanks for the reply.

Any ideas on where best to pick up the Tach signal? IGT or IGF? I think there is also a wire labeled TACHO or something. Maybe in the passengers side kick panel? Any help on which one to use would be awesome. IGT and IGF are very easily accessed but my understanding is they run from ignitor, so maybe not a complation of all cylinders or coils?

Thanks guys,

Trevor

Last edited:

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
Hi Nick,

Yes the AEM with be running with a Driftmotion PnP harness with the addition of an IAT, 3.5 Bar Map, UEGO, and TruBoost selenoid. I will be converting to speed density. I'm pretty certain I have the rest of the sensors wired up and everything pinned out correctly. But I still need to wire in the Tach signal for the AEM from pin A19.

The three options Ive researched to be available are IGT, IGF at the factory ecu harness and a yet to be confirmed TACHO wire potentially on the passengers kick panel that goes to the cluster.

Thanks for the help guys!

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
Ok, so I think the correct wire to use is IG, runs from the check connector to the ignitor... then goes through the firewall and to the tach. Its a black wire. Anyone have an idea where the engine to body connector is located or where I can pick it up in the glove box area?

Thanks!