AEM V2 30-6050 driftmotion crank no start

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
i recently installed aem v2 30-6050 sold by driftmotion. i swapped my running engine from my white 1990 turbo into my 1991 turbo. i bought the aem box used and was told it came with a base tune but something seems off. the engine cranks over but doesnt fire, sometime will backfire out the exhaust

my mods are:
rebuilt 7mgte
62mm hx35
rc 550cc injectors
aermotive fpr
3.5" exhaust
aem wideband
tube header
walbro 255 fp

probably missing some things. it kind of sounds like its a timing issue but am still very new to stand alones. i have watched the aem setup videos on youtube as well and set up as closely as i can

any help would be greatly appreciated.

i attached the file that was included with my aem v2 box
View attachment ECU Calibration.01V24.cal

Captain

Sep 30, 2008
NM
Stock ignition setup I assume?

If so, under the coils/inj tab try changing your coil phasing to the following:

Coil #1= .5
#2= 4.5
#3= 8.5
#1B= 12.5
#2B= 16.5
#3B= 20.5

I am no tuning expert but these are the settings I had to use to get my car running. I highly recommend having an experienced tuner go over everything before you drive it.

Hope that helps.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Yep its stock ignition. I'll give that a try, thanks. There's really no tuner locally where I'm at. I plan in taking it down to psi to get tuned when I get it running. Im not experienced in the tuning part but pretty good at building an engine

I called psi and they told me they have tons of problems with the kits that come from driftmotion but they work good with all the bugs worked out

Captain

Sep 30, 2008
NM
I'am still working the bugs out with mine also. I can get it to start but it wont run. Hopefully I can get my tuner out to look at it this weekend. Good luck with yours.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
found the problem.
injectors 1&2 were mixed up. timing was also out of sync

idles great every time just need to get it driveable and tuned. has a miss when trying give it gas and tach bounces around quite a bit but should be able to figure that out pretty easily

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Good job. I didn't think it would have anything to do with it being an AEM from driftmotion.
I'm having trouble with my stinger ems at the moment and I'm thinking about going to the AEM unit.