AEM V1 Speed Signal Issues?

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
I'm getting inconsistent speed signals to my aem ems as well as my suprastick. I don't know if the aem is in series with the suprastick. Anyone have this problem with AEM? Is it the speed sensor or a wiring issue? My buddy who has an MR2 (different builder) also has speed signal issues and sometimes it makes his map run lean/rich.

Here is the issue: Cruising at 65mph, both systems read 63mph (accurate with my gps), and while maintaining this speed, the signal randomly (every 3-5 seconds) sends a signal that is anywhere from 10-15 mph slower than the speedo speed. This doesn't change my fuel map at highway speeds (but does sometimes at lower speeds where the a/f guage moves around between 12 and 15.5 a/f) and the tranny will hunt for a gear (suprastick diagnosis page shifts between 2nd/3rd/4th under 10-15% throttle).

This is only a big deal if I'm cruising at 80 and punch it, and the suprastick will sometimes read 65mph and thus shifts into second, redlining the car to 8k.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
The stock speedo signal doesn't work with the AEM. I had a log where I went from 0 to 3000 mph, so I think it's off by a bit.

With that said, I've learned that you can get a clean speed signal from the ABS system. I haven't implemented it on my car yet, but from what I have found you tap the RR+ wire for the ABS computer.

From http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?82479-Fixed-Speed-Signal-glitching-in-AEM

R154 speed sensor is 32t

Attachments

• ABS Speed sensor RR+ color.jpg
    ABS Speed sensor RR+ color.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 23
  • ABS Speed sensor RR+.jpg
    ABS Speed sensor RR+.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 16
  • ABS Speed sensor settings.jpg
    ABS Speed sensor settings.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 16

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
Enraged;1946972 said:
The stock speedo signal doesn't work with the AEM. I had a log where I went from 0 to 3000 mph, so I think it's off by a bit.

With that said, I've learned that you can get a clean speed signal from the ABS system. I haven't implemented it on my car yet, but from what I have found you tap the RR+ wire for the ABS computer.

From http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?82479-Fixed-Speed-Signal-glitching-in-AEM

R154 speed sensor is 32t

This is helpful. I'll just make sure it's the same wire for the auto. Thanks Enraged.