AEM Tru Boost problem with creep/overboosting...

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Hey guys,
Running the AEM Tru Boost and I can't stop the creep. I have tried all the settings for spring pressure from 4 to 12 lbs. Still it creeps. The higher the spring pressure it makes it flutter and hold till about 4500rpm and then it creeps. Not just a little either. Setting A is set to 10psi and it creeps all the way 17psi! They I set it 16psi an the same. Is the wastegate hole just too small? Heres the mod:
-Lex AFM
-PTE 550's
-K&N FIPK
-57 Trim CT
-Divorced DP
-Full 3" Exhaust
-FFIM w/ 3.25" TB
-FMIC w/2.5" Hard pipes
-GReddy BOV
-Fresh Motor, all the goodies
-S-AFC for tuning

So anyone who has experience with the Tru Boost please chime in. It is a great gauge and fairly easy to use.

Thanks,
Seth

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
K guys figured it out.

Just did a good bit of research. The settings on the gauge are duty cycle % not psi.

I dynoed last night. Was shooting for 400rwhp but only did 347whp. But the graph showed waste gate flutter the whole time. As it was choppy and it only let me run 17.2 psi and I made make HP at like 6000rpm with just a 57 trim....lol took forever to spool because the WG started opening at like 8 psi and then just crept to 17.2....DOH Obvioulsy my settings were off so I am going to go and tune on the freeway in a bit and see if I can dial it in! Such an idiot!...lol But I am shooting for 18psi so I will bump the duty cycle and drop the spring pressure to see if I can get it to hold. So gonna tune then dyno again next week or something!

I will do a full write up as soon as I get it tuned right.

Seth