AEM TRU BOOST CONTROlLER

Hey i have the aem tru boost controller and i have read the instructions and watched videos and tried guessing but i can not figure out how to use this thing..i have no idea what duty cycles are and what percent to put it out..

If someone could call me i would be very thankful..

423-443-1111

but i could get by with a reply on here if its very detailed...thank you.

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
They are a little trickey to use, but the instructions are pretty good and self explanitory. Set the start boost at 7-8 psi, as this is where the stock wastegate is set at. For the duty cycle, the higher the number the higher the boost will be, so start with the minimum then slowly in small increments (1-2) adjust the boost higher until you reach the desired level. This takes some time and can be dangerous on the street, so find a empty back road to adjust it as you have to do multiple runs to get the boost dialed in. Sometimes the boost doesnt start increasing until you reach 20-25% duty cycle. The main menu is a little annoying to scroll through and figure out, but once you have it setup the first time correctly, the only thing you have to deal with is the duty cycle, and the more duty the higher the boost.

Randy

becauseican;1530342 said:
They are a little trickey to use, but the instructions are pretty good and self explanitory. Set the start boost at 7-8 psi, as this is where the stock wastegate is set at. For the duty cycle, the higher the number the higher the boost will be, so start with the minimum then slowly in small increments (1-2) adjust the boost higher until you reach the desired level. This takes some time and can be dangerous on the street, so find a empty back road to adjust it as you have to do multiple runs to get the boost dialed in. Sometimes the boost doesnt start increasing until you reach 20-25% duty cycle. The main menu is a little annoying to scroll through and figure out, but once you have it setup the first time correctly, the only thing you have to deal with is the duty cycle, and the more duty the higher the boost.

Randy

Thank you for the help!

Well heres the thing ..i got it set to like 20 duty cycles. (that should not let me hit no where near 13 and im hitting 16.5psi. i thought the stock boost cut was like 13 or 14. So i got it set but i dont think its controlling the boost right

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
My personal Supra uses the AEM boost controller, and I am going back to the HKS unit.

It does just fine from a roll, but if I nail it at 5K+, it will spike.

RacerXJ220;1530865 said:
My personal Supra uses the AEM boost controller, and I am going back to the HKS unit.

It does just fine from a roll, but if I nail it at 5K+, it will spike.

ok no. im not saying mines spiking..im saying the controller is not controlling the boost at all..even wit the duty cycles/psi set to the lowest i still hit 16.5..and im not sure which but im hitting boost cut or fuel cut.