AEM & Power steering

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
Anyone here that runs a AEM ems had problems with there power steering???
Before i switch to a Standalone my power steering was great, Got the AEM installed & tuned power steering went away, Is it a wiring thing? or the pump just when bad or the rack & pinion??? PLease i need input as i dont see any leaks or missing fluid or any noises from the pump or rack...:1zhelp: BTW it's a 92 supra, Don't know if that matters....

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
IJ, This is probably a dumb question.... Where is the PPS ecu located at??? I do have a 1jz & it did have Nice steering before, Now it's hard as a brick...

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
I think I might have a non-pps pump in my garage if you want/need it. Only thing is I'm in MN for the week...

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
Moy;1359466 said:
I think I might have a non-pps pump in my garage if you want/need it. Only thing is I'm in MN for the week...

I have a 1jz... WHat does the 1jz have??? PPS or normal??

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
There's a Valve mounted onto the rack and a control box inside the car.

The box get's a signal from the Speedo/ECU that tells it how fast you're drive the box then tells the valve harder/softer based on road speed, I'm guessing during the AEM install that signal wire has been cut/not connected.

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
IJ.;1359469 said:
There's a Valve mounted onto the rack and a control box inside the car.

The box get's a signal from the Speedo/ECU that tells it how fast you're drive the box then tells the valve harder/softer based on road speed, I'm guessing during the AEM install that signal wire has been cut/not connected.

Thanx IJ, I am gonna go back to Sound Performance & ask them to fix it as it happened when they did the AEM & everything was supposed to be running great, I spend Good!!! chunk of money (4.5K) on the AEM & tuning...