AEM ignition question

Vader1jz

Jul 28, 2008
Hendersonville NC
Well it's just as the title says... We are wiring a honda 1020 or 1060 aem box up for my 2jzge this will be the second one that has been done this way to my knowledge. The first of which is being done right now in a 93 car with a JDM 2jzgte.

They are not having any difficulties as far as ignition goes cause they are using all the gte electronics with the aem.

Now my question comes in here: What would be the best options be with the ignition system on my particular project? i have all the ge dist parts, coil and ignitor. I also have the 1jz coil packs cam angle and so on..for the 7m.

Now something that we have been debating on is individual coil on plug sets from possibly some other vehicle but, we have not tried it yet, i would really like to but am not sure what means of electronics i need to signal the aem to fire...
the brains behind all of this is a locally famous guy by the name of Joseph Davis (he is also the more advanced tuner on some of the local import shops that have drag hondas, mostly). I am sure he knows exactly what i need to make the idea work, but i would like some toyota knowledgable people's opinions if any of you have thoughts.
Thanks, Nick