AEM guys...come here please

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
Right now, I am at the shop... and my car won't rev past 5300RPM. it has a rev limit there, even though the main limit is set to 7100rpm, and the two step is @ 3700

nobody knows whats wrong with it, including my aem factory trained tuner, AEM themselves, nor anyone on the aem forums.

Any ideas?

Oh, and one thing. Without sync skip box checked, my car will run, but without it, it won't. This is the opposite of everyone elses map.

HELP! Car is sitting on the dyno.... RIGHT NOW

Edit:

Link to AEM forums where I have posted the CAL file and some logs. I really need help on this guys. Its already cost me around 500 to not get it fixed.

Last edited:

toyman1987

Apr 2, 2005
Omaha
gixxer750 said:
Right now, I am at the shop... and my car won't rev past 5300RPM. it has a rev limit there, even though the main limit is set to 7100rpm, and the two step is @ 3700

nobody knows whats wrong with it, including my aem factory trained tuner, AEM themselves, nor anyone on the aem forums.

Any ideas?

Oh, and one thing. Without sync skip box checked, my car will run, but without it, it won't. This is the opposite of everyone elses map.

HELP! Car is sitting on the dyno.... RIGHT NOW

is it a rev limit cut, like a misfire, or is it a hard cut like when you hit fuel cut on the mass air sytem?

ck your fuel cut load point
antilag settings?
do you mean the "crank skip sync" because mine is not checked.

Emik87t

GameOver
May 30, 2007
Iowa
kind of off topic, but there is an aem forum? mines in the mail so i'll be reading as much about them as possible.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
Its like a soft cut rev limit. It even does the AEM "tach jump" We've tried coil dwell factor, I swapped CPS's and got that box unchecked(got rid of my occasional startup backfire), ign timing, fueling, ALT function, the two step is functional at 3700rpm...

Just hitting a consistant wall at 5500 rpm. definetly not a misfire, this is some sort of cut. There is nothing in the software that indicates this should be happening. I just paid $100 an hour for four hours to see if this could be resolved, and I've got nothing.

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
I believe Doc J had a similar problem. You might try PMing him, as I can't remember what his solution was. At the time, he was thinking it was CPS/ignitor related although the car ran fine on the stock ecu...

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Tuning isn't going so well eh?
You have had a rough time lately.

Mr. Y

Mar 31, 2005
80 miles away from Kremlin
2 gixxer750
Check your timing with timing light and ensure that it is EXACTLY like AEM set in ALL RPM RANGE (not just idle).

PS: I suppose CPS problem too. I had same thing with my Haltech... In some RPM ranges trigger counter was erratic, so it took much time to solve problem (changed air gaps, tried different trigger gain adn filter, etc)

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
You can compare some of the specs from my map if you'd like... Mine hasn't had the stumble from the get go...

I have remotely mounted stock coils, accel custom plug wires, stock CPS(tried a few different ones), stock ignitor....

It could be map sensor related, although in halsupramk3's car, I have witnessed the AEM "rev limiter" tach bounce during the period of his stumble. My car does this same tach jump during the 5500 rev limit.