AEM Gen2

bfr1992t

The quiet one
Oct 29, 2005
Ohio
adampecush;1333050 said:
I take it this will be available for all of the v1 pnp applications?

Hopefully for the 92T Supra.

I'd also like to know if AEM is going to implement a better strategy for speed density vs the v1. A user defined ignition timing trim would be cool too - tied to the same analog input for the user def fuel trim (for ex: trimming both for E85 and blends in between). GM's VFFS routine would be killer.

For Toyota's an option to use the Toyota TPS IDL switch for idle condition vs the ever drifting TPS Vta.

For the 7MGTE PNP it would be nice if the 4/5/6 injector drivers could be broken out to alternate harness pins via jumpers, or find a way around doubling up the injector drivers for batch fire altogether.

Otherwise I don't see much of a benefit to upgrading yet for 7M owners unless running sequential ignition, and even that can be accomplished with v1.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
7M-KDL;1333056 said:
going to be released this year or do we know? also, whats the price? same as the old is now? i imagine the old one will go down in value once this comes out or is this one just going to be like double the price?

AEM says this year. I know Dusty is getting a couple for the MKIV supra. Price is $1899 from what I saw.

bfr1992t

The quiet one
Oct 29, 2005
Ohio
Finally watched the video. I'm not trying to call anyone out, but my car will idle smoothly at 500rpm with 720cc injectors. Aside from the 7M ignitor issue, it does not stumble at cruise either. Startup - about 1 in 5 times it will start like in the video, but the author did note the gen2 will start quickly every time. He suggests it's "cleaner" trigger signals but I suspect AEM may have modified the startup/sync strategy too. With my car it's generally 2 revolutions to determine cam cycle. Granted this is on a 92T with low miles and everything is in good condition. I'm certainly glad AEM is moving forward with the EMS however and hope they're improving the code as much as the hardware, or ultimately removing the shortcuts taken with v1.

As far as mk4 applications, major thumbs up for getting past wastespark. This is probably a major contributor to the problems mentioned above that do not seem to plague the 7M's as much.