AEM fic and Tru Boost

91 mK3

Laaaaaaag
Aug 22, 2006
Hayward, Bay Area
anyone have first hand experience with the aem fic? also, how do u know what your duty cycle should be when using the tru boost? does it go by the amount of boost you run? i have a 1jz single turbo with supportings mods and want to get tuned with something good and not to expensive. any info would be great

davidgboyle

Aug 10, 2009
Guelph
I bought an F/IC and am going to be installing and tuning before the end of the month.

The duty cycle of your injectors is a digital function of how long the injectors are on divided by 100% or the complete time the injectors could be open for. For example if you have 340cc injectors and your injectors are on for 50ms out of the 100ms that they could possibly be on then the duty cycle of the injectors is 50%.

When tuning the best way to change the duty cycle is to data log the output of the wideband and change the values of the duty cyle +or- slowly. Keep in mind that with the F/IC when you remove fuel you will make more power but also increase the temperature of the engine coolant because you are burning hotter which increases the temperature of your oil as well. This in turn can increase the intake temps which means that the timing also needs to be adjusted.

phillyd

Supramania Contributor
Oct 15, 2008
Auburn, AL
davidgboyle;1385425 said:
I bought an F/IC and am going to be installing and tuning before the end of the month.

The duty cycle of your injectors is a digital function of how long the injectors are on divided by 100% or the complete time the injectors could be open for. For example if you have 340cc injectors and your injectors are on for 50ms out of the 100ms that they could possibly be on then the duty cycle of the injectors is 50%.

When tuning the best way to change the duty cycle is to data log the output of the wideband and change the values of the duty cyle +or- slowly. Keep in mind that with the F/IC when you remove fuel you will make more power but also increase the temperature of the engine coolant because you are burning hotter which increases the temperature of your oil as well. This in turn can increase the intake temps which means that the timing also needs to be adjusted.

Any updates? Any trouble getting it wired up? Any other info? I am considering the F/IC and would really appreciate any feedback! Thanks.

EDIT: just realized you are running a 2J...does anyone know if this will work on a 7m-gte?

gravesdu_99

Jun 30, 2007
Potsdam
davidgboyle;1385425 said:

do you have this up and running yet. Also what motor are you running this system on.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
I hate my AEM TRU boost. When the weather changes, I have to change the duty cycle.

Doing a pull from 5K will cause a boost spike like crazy.

I know some of the SRT-4 guys say the same thing.