AEM features?

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
I see that Arizona Performance offers block off plates for the CSI & IAC provided you have a standalone. However I have a FFIM and it is built with these ports. I would like to eliminate anything that can be, with tuning through the standalone can these be removed?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
the CSI yes.

The Cold start Injector is usually handled by the startup enrichment tables within the AEM. So basically the AEM does the CSI using the injectors.

IAC. Not sure why you would want to bypass that. The AEM should handle the IAC correctly.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Sounds good. I wasn't so much wanting to bypass it as I was wanting to eliminate anything that the aem can do by itsself.

Thanks

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
From what I have noticed with my AEM is getting the IAC stepper motor to function perfectly is a bit of a challenge and can take a fair amount of time to get it setup.

I have also ran the AEM with no IAC and then to set idle you do it simply with throttle position and set screws.

Both ways work, but it is usually easier to do the later.

bfr1992t

The quiet one
Oct 29, 2005
Ohio
The AEM EMS does not use the cold start injector so you are ok with removing it.

It does control the factory idle stepper, and with a little bit of effort can be made to work very well. Removing it and using the throttle stop as an idle stop is a bad idea and huge step backwards. You might as well put a carb and distributor on at that point.