AEM EMS Map sensor?

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
I'm not sure if I have my map sensor hooked up correctly, can someone tell me which colors off the AEM 3.5 bar map sensor go to which colors off the stock map sensor wires?

suicide

Jan 14, 2007
Barrie , Canada
MAP Sensor
There are 3 wires on a MAP sensor. It requires MAP signal, 5V reference, and sensor ground. If you're using an AEM MAP sensor: MAP signal is green or white, 5V reference is red, and sensor ground is black. The signal wire needs to be dedicated, meaning that should be the only wire making contact with that pin. The sensor ground and 5V reference wire can be tapped. Please follow the pin out below to wire in your MAP sensor. If you did everything correctly, with an AEM 3.5 bar MAP sensor, your MAP voltage (setup/sensors/map sensor parameters) should be about 1.6V with the key on engine off, with an AEM 5 bar MAP sensor, your MAP voltage should be about 1.3V with the key on engine off. Remember to select the correct sensor in your MAP sensor wizard.

30-1101
MAP signal - Pin 62B
Sensor ground - Pin: 28B and 65B (tap to one of these)
5V Reference - Pin: 41B (tap to this pin)

30-1110
MAP signal - Pin 2-5
Sensor ground - Pin: 13C (tap to this pin)
5V Reference - Pin: 2-1 (tap to this pin)

30-1130
MAP signal - Pin 17A
Sensor ground - Pin: 9B and 4C (tap to one of these)
5V Reference - Pin: 1B (tap to this pin)

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
7Mboost;1132825 said:
Where can I find the pinouts for the 1130 box? I only have the ecu pinouts in my AEM files.

You know the 1130 box is the ecu, right? That is why it says 30-1130 in huge bold letters at the top of the instruction sheet for your EMS...

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
chevyeater;1132947 said:
You know the 1130 box is the ecu, right? That is why it says 30-1130 in huge bold letters at the top of the instruction sheet for your EMS...

That's why I wouldn't know because the EMS came with my car and I got no information nor program for it and I'm in the dark, can you tell me where to hook it up, I don't have that information.

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
7Mboost;1133504 said:
That's why I wouldn't know because the EMS came with my car and I got no information nor program for it and I'm in the dark, can you tell me where to hook it up, I don't have that information.

Put post #3 in this thread together with the pinout diagram that you should have already downloaded from the AEM website (as part of the full software package) and you have all of the information needed.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
I'm 100% in the dark, I downloaded the AEM stuff months ago and have forgotten all about it. I've looked through AEM EFI Basics V1.3, AEM USERS MANUAL V1.01, and AEMPro User Guide V2.0. Is it suppose to be in one of these files? I'm sorry if the questions seem simple, sorry, I didn't buy my AEM EMS so I had to get all the info from what everyone's told me.

Ideally I would just like to know what color wire off the AEM 3.5 map sensor goes to what colors of the stock pressure sensor wiring. Actually I'm not even sure if that's where its suppose to be hooked up, I don't know where it goes, I'm just going off what I've been told, please someone help me out.

EDIT: Diagram found, but its not telling me anything, no colors of wires. I really need to know if the map sensor is suppose to be wired into the 3 wires that came out of the stock toyota turbo pressure sensor? If not, where?

Last edited:

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
The turbo pressure sensor on a 7M doesn't go back to the ECU so, wiring the MAP sensor there isn't going to help you much if you want to convert the car to speed density.

If you downloaded the software then you have all of the information that anyone who purchased a brand new EMS has. 1130 instructions are found under AEMPro>instructions>10-1130 for 30-1130. It is a PDF file so you will need Adobe reader to open it.

You need to wire it to the ecu terminals that "suicide" posted. There isn't a much simpler way of telling you how to do it. Terminal 17A is unused on the Toyota factory harness. Terminal 9B leads to several sensors on the factory harness. Terminal 4C does not exist on the factory harness. Terminal 1B also leads to several sensors on the factory harness.

If your mind is blown and you can't figure it out, it may be time to start looking for a shop that can take care of it for you as this is one of the easiest parts of installing and tuning a standalone. I'm not telling you this to be mean but rather to let you know what you are in for here, if the big warning on the front page of the instructions was not enough.