AEM EMS 30-1110 Ignitor Setup Coil on Plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Ok so here is my pickle.

Its not so much of a dilemma as much as it is a "will this have ill effect" type of ordeal.

I got this crazy idea to use individual ignitors found on the Nissan 240SX. To get them to run the coils I wired one up to each one of the coils and then to get them to fire I ran them in 3 series with 2 on each ignition output from the EMS. So ignitors 1 and 6 are on channel 1 ignitors 2 and 5 are on channel 2 and ignitors 3 and 4 are on channel 3.

My main question is will the AEM struggle to maintain two ignitors on each channel? I figured it would be like running the 2jzgte ignitor since it has 3 inputs and 6 channels only now I am running 6 ignitors with 1 channel each.

The attached Image is the ignitors I am using.

I am still waiting on parts before I fire this bad boy up. I just want to know if anyone sees any real flaws here.

I will update this thread when I run into more hurdles with the AEM.

Attachments

• F204533019OEA.JPG
    F204533019OEA.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 33

John Reed

Supramania Contributor
Mar 23, 2007
Portland, OR
funky_monkey58;1198149 said:
Ok so here is my pickle.

Its not so much of a dilemma as much as it is a "will this have ill effect" type of ordeal.

I got this crazy idea to use individual ignitors found on the Nissan 240SX. To get them to run the coils I wired one up to each one of the coils and then to get them to fire I ran them in 3 series with 2 on each ignition output from the EMS. So ignitors 1 and 6 are on channel 1 ignitors 2 and 5 are on channel 2 and ignitors 3 and 4 are on channel 3.

My main question is will the AEM struggle to maintain two ignitors on each channel? I figured it would be like running the 2jzgte ignitor since it has 3 inputs and 6 channels only now I am running 6 ignitors with 1 channel each.

The attached Image is the ignitors I am using.

I am still waiting on parts before I fire this bad boy up. I just want to know if anyone sees any real flaws here.

I will update this thread when I run into more hurdles with the AEM.

It shouldn't be a problem. I haven't done exactly what you are doing with the AEM, but I have done it with other systems with good results. The outputs should handle it just fine.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
John Reed;1200355 said:
It shouldn't be a problem. I haven't done exactly what you are doing with the AEM, but I have done it with other systems with good results. The outputs should handle it just fine.

Thank you much for confirming this with me.
-Sean

Ps,
Are you still giving aem classes?

Status
Not open for further replies.