AEM 2jzgte Aristo map questions

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
Ok i'm having some issues with a few things on the AEM/Aristo combo, hopefully someone will be able to help.

I'd like to use the stock map sensor but i dont really see a good option in the wizard for this. When i use the Toyota (all) i get a .4 psi reading in the parameters, i'm not sure how much that would matter. I changed the MAP min. voltage until it reached .01 but i dont think it'll make much of a difference.

Either way my main problem is what i think is timing.

I Sync'd the timing and it idle's perfect...better than stock even. I can rev it up slowly without any big issues but when i floor it or hit the throttle quickly it goes lean and doesn't want to rev out. I worked on the fuel map but that isnt the problem.
I'm thinking its something with ignition or maybe a map (sensor) issue.

If anyone wants to chime in please let me know what you think.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
i already set the range using the wizard...looks like its reading correctly. so that isnt the issue.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
When my Stinger is on, car not running, it reads -.36.

What type injectors, and I am sure you verified this already in the software too. Hmmm...

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
stock injectors for now, planning on using ID1000's

but trying to set everything else up....

im gonna try to reset the map sensor to the default settings...hopefully that will help.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
I don't know if it applies, but we had an issue with the wrong GM 3bar map sensor being in the AEM, as the one I had in the car had a slightly different part number.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
well im using the stock map sensor on the aristo 2j...worked fine on the stock ecu so it may just be the calibration

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
Reload the start-up calibration. Do not adjust the timing. The timing is set dead on from AEM. If you need to adjust it,(don't need to adjust) you need to run a plug wire from the coil to the plug. You also need to use the most basic timing light you can find. The pick-up for the timing light needs to go directly on the plug wire. If you don't do it this way it will give you a false timing reading.

I have a calibration for stock twins, stock map sensor and 440's you can try.

Edit: its for a V2 AEM.

Last edited: