ae86 or mk3 1jz supra?...

spoolme

supra4umsfreak
May 9, 2005
Roswell, NM
1JZ all the way!!!! just so much better platform for everyday driving(supra) and a good motor that responds well to mods.

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
lol thought so... a friend of mine is selling me an ae86 for 2000 dollars. im either debating on getting it, i can put those 2000 dollars into my supra or either buying that ae86 and using it for daily driving.

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
no my supra is my daily driver atm i think im getting bout 13-15 mpg :( ... lol but its true another money pit thats what worries me. i have to check out the car and see how clean it is.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
Falken;1908147 said:
no my supra is my daily driver atm i think im getting bout 13-15 mpg :( ... lol but its true another money pit thats what worries me. i have to check out the car and see how clean it is.
WTF that's terrible gas mileage... my turbo always would get 30 on the highway... mostly stock, but still I did put a lot of love and attention into it. as well as $$
ok, for DD I'll tell you something that is really nice to have.... turning radius... sure the mk3 has a pretty good radius (at least I think so) but wheelbase... turning a mk3 around on a 2 lane highway can be a PITA

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
Falken;1907936 said:
lol thought so... a friend of mine is selling me an ae86 for 2000 dollars. im either debating on getting it, i can put those 2000 dollars into my supra or either buying that ae86 and using it for daily driving.

$2000, for a running AE86 is pretty good. Provided the car runs well enough to DD, and doesn't have a beat up chassis or body rust.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
SupraMedical68;1908271 said:
$2000, for a running AE86 is pretty good. Provided the car runs well enough to DD, and doesn't have a beat up chassis or body rust.

This^

AE86's are relatively rare and expensive these days, and have a huge aftermarket.

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
thats what i was thinking of doing... gettin that ae86 gts i mean in the pics looks pretty clean. i really need to go see it, dang work dont allow it. i mean he has a whole hks exhaust system sitting, brand spanking new! thats coming with the car.

and i have bad gas milage cuz i only drive in the city, i hardly get on the highway with it. and i do love hearing that wastegate lol

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
Falken;1908314 said:
thats what i was thinking of doing... gettin that ae86 gts i mean in the pics looks pretty clean. i really need to go see it, dang work dont allow it. i mean he has a whole hks exhaust system sitting, brand spanking new! thats coming with the car.

and i have bad gas milage cuz i only drive in the city, i hardly get on the highway with it. and i do love hearing that wastegate lol

wastegate? you mean bypass valve? blow off valve? er whatever tha hell you wanna call it? wastegate is part of your exhaust

supras can be quite nimble too... but like I said, the size of the wheelbase does make it hard to maneuver sometimes

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
ya whatever you wanna call it blow off valve... i think ae86 are really good at handling. i mean i drove my friends ae86 just the other day and it handle so damn good, unlike my supra feels like a freaking boat lol