I'm running 91octane on my 1jzgte

Main mods:
Driftmotion 6262 turbo kit
Sard800 injectors
stock cams
320lph aem fuel pump

and here is my spark map:
P8Rsk1F.jpg

I'm running 18psi highboost and 15psi low boost.
Boost cut is properly engaging @ 20psi and rev limiter is set at 7400 (soft) and 7800 (hard)

Is this a safe (conservative) map ?(I know it might not be optimal horsepower wise)

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The parts in blue where it dips down should be around where you hit full boost. Timing should be backed off when full boat is hit and then very slowly brought back in. So the whole upper left quarter should be moved over.

Also for high boost and safe I would back the timing down a little bit more.

Also around the idle area. You want the rpm to be lower on the first square. That way if your rpm drops the timing will increase thus helping the engine pick the rpm back up easier.

That's my thoughts.

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
Agree on the feedback by hvyman there.
Timing is difficult to get correct without some measuring equipment for torque (Dyno). Try to get a safe tune first, and make sure you dont have any issues with your install (missfires etc). Then you can take it to the dyno to optimize the tables.

A good tip, is to change to 3D-view once in a while while editing the table.
Any "sudden" dips in the "sculpture" created, is usually not correct. It's so easy to be blinded by hundreds of numbers in the tables - But a 3D model easily shows these errors.