Advice for a soldier in Iraq

MaD70

Jun 12, 2006
Florida
Well everyone Im in Iraq and it really sucks!!! Its hot people r trying to kill us with roadside bombs:bigun2: and internet is restricted....But not supramania!!!! I've been here for about three months and just found out that i could visit the site:icon_bigg But anyways Ive had alot of time to think about my pearl princess waiting in my buddys yard.... and i wanna put a 2jztt in it. If you guys could point me in the right direction in terms of build threads, parts i need, and general cost give or take. I really just want too put the twin turbo motor in and leave it stock. Please guys... post on this thread!!! Support from the states is really encouraging. Thanks guys!!!!
Rob:icon_cry:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
yup i feel you dude.... im goin back to the states in a few weeks. I think supramania is one of the only things that kept me sain over here. I also remember seeing some links on Clubna-t.com but for some reason its blocked for sex most the time here.

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
www.ArizonaPerformance.com
Sorry Im not answering your question either, but THANKS for defending our country. If you get a chance to get near the Apache or fire any of the Bushmaster Chain guns, you can know that I had a hand in designing components for each. Both are awesome machines that will warm your heart just to witness in action. Know our hearts are with you.

THANK YOU SIR!!!

And return home safe.

drewgo

Akuna MaTata...!
Dec 1, 2006
South florida
Where is your car....?
When do you want to start building it?
And what is your power goal?
I know you said stock but just like you, we all
said the same thing and tossed stock out to the curb.

MaD70

Jun 12, 2006
Florida
Wow I didnt expect so many replies in one night!!! Thanks to all who replied!!!
Ok Ill start at the top OneJoeZee thanks for the links havent checked em yet but im sure they will be helpful. Macjac Yeah i know i should save my money but on the otherhand I dont have a ride when i get home so this will be the only money i spend on myself.. really cuz Im gonna spend the rest on college classes.Spaniard and arz no help because you cant? or dont want to help? :3d_frown:
Drewgo-
Where is your car....?In florida
When do you want to start building it? when i go home
And what is your power goal? stock.... for now... maybe 400 later:evil2:

drewgo

Akuna MaTata...!
Dec 1, 2006
South florida
MaD70 said:
Wow I didnt expect so many replies in one night!!! Thanks to all who replied!!!
Drewgo-
Where is your car....?In florida
When do you want to start building it? when i go home
And what is your power goal? stock.... for now... maybe 400 later:evil2:

I am in South Florida, Miami actually. If that's where you live then let's link up when you get back. I'll help you through the process.

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
I'm in South FL as well, and am down anytime to help you out when you get back man.

Thanks for doing what you're doing man, and stay safe!!

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
Hey if u are gonna be needing a USDM TT 6spd obd1 ecu... i have one layin around. Let me know if u want it, I'll throw it aside when i get home till you get back.

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
www.ArizonaPerformance.com
MaD70 said:
Support from the states is really encouraging. Thanks guys!!!!
Rob:icon_cry:

arz said:
Sorry Im not answering your question either, but THANKS for defending our country. If you get a chance to get near the Apache or fire any of the Bushmaster Chain guns, you can know that I had a hand in designing components for each. Both are awesome machines that will warm your heart just to witness in action. Know our hearts are with you.

THANK YOU SIR!!!

And return home safe.

MaD70 said:
Spaniard and arz no help because you cant? or dont want to help? :3d_frown:

Wow, your welcome for the support!!!

Well, the first thing you need to do after you double the power of any car is STOP. Check the link in my Sig.:icon_bigg

MaD70

Jun 12, 2006
Florida
Man this is awesome everytime I come here there is more feedback:aigo: Thanks guys. Drewgo and fastlane Ill definitely take you up on your offers. Im actually originally from Miami Drewgo. We moved north to PSL area about 6 years ago and Ive stayed ever since. But I visit my family down there all the time so we will definitely link up when I get back. Cruzinbill is that the ecu I will need for the swap? If so I will definitely take it off your hands when I come home.Shoot me a Pm with a price. I know the stock power of the 2j will only apeaze for a short time but I have to deal with it until Im done "intelligently" investing what I earn here. But I love power just like the next guy so we shall see. Plus when I left I got rid of my place :cry: both of my badass tvs:cry: and most of the rest of my shit :wtc: The only thing i really have left is the car and my knick knacks. Arz I was checking out you break kit and its absolutely gorgeous:aigo: . I especially like the 2 piece rotors. Do you sell replacement rotors and what do they run?? Oh and I didnt mean to sound like a jerk I just didnt know what you meant by "Im not going to answer your question" thats all. Typing doesnt properly project human emotion:3d_frown: But could anyone give me a round about on what the swap costs and I found a 2j just the motor on that tiger website or whatever for like 1400 is that a good deal and does anyone know if they are reliable or not? So many questions:crazy1: anyways Im running on here guys:rant2: Again thanks for the responses they help me get out of my head over here.
Rob

SMP142

BOHICA
Jan 5, 2006
Tacoma, WA.
i was in the same situation dude. i got back about 2 months ago. i got hooked up on some sweet deals on the sale forums. got my oil pan and such from clublexus.com. i say just take your time shopping as hard as that sounds. i am starting my swap in about another month. good luck-

drewgo

Akuna MaTata...!
Dec 1, 2006
South florida
MaD70 said:
Man this is awesome everytime I come here there is more feedback:aigo: Thanks guys. Drewgo and fastlane Ill definitely take you up on your offers. Im actually originally from Miami Drewgo. We moved north to PSL area about 6 years ago and Ive stayed ever since. But I visit my family down there all the time so we will definitely link up when I get back. Cruzinbill is that the ecu I will need for the swap? If so I will definitely take it off your hands when I come home.Shoot me a Pm with a price. I know the stock power of the 2j will only apeaze for a short time but I have to deal with it until Im done "intelligently" investing what I earn here. But I love power just like the next guy so we shall see. Plus when I left I got rid of my place :cry: both of my badass tvs:cry: and most of the rest of my shit :wtc: The only thing i really have left is the car and my knick knacks. Arz I was checking out you break kit and its absolutely gorgeous:aigo: . I especially like the 2 piece rotors. Do you sell replacement rotors and what do they run?? Oh and I didnt mean to sound like a jerk I just didnt know what you meant by "Im not going to answer your question" thats all. Typing doesnt properly project human emotion:3d_frown: But could anyone give me a round about on what the swap costs and I found a 2j just the motor on that tiger website or whatever for like 1400 is that a good deal and does anyone know if they are reliable or not? So many questions:crazy1: anyways Im running on here guys:rant2: Again thanks for the responses they help me get out of my head over here.
Rob

Rob, That awesome man that you can distract your mind with us here. I can't even begin to imagine how it get sometimes.
Anyways dude, I don't know where PSL is at but you are now committed to hanging with us...LOL
Anyways, regarding Tiger and the engine you sourced out. I have heard mixed reviews from them guys. I have my people I get engines from here locally and never have I had an issue. But if you want to look around I recommend a company called JHOT. They are on ebay and not sure if the have a commercial website. Very respected for the way they conduct business.
Here is a rough estimate at how much you are looking to spend. Again, this is what I pay for the swaps:
Motor & Tranny set(ecu,etc..) 2400
Intercooler & piping Labor included 700
Labor for install 1500

Assuming you have a 5speed turbo already, You'll need a bellhousing and flywheel which will run both for about 500.
There usually little things here and there but you are in the 5.5-6k ballpark.
As you get closer to build time you'll get a better idea...