Advantages of Race Gas (C16)

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
I thought about using 99% pure isopropanol alcohol, although it is flammable. Does running 70% and 30% water make it non-flammable? The trick is to have it mist without dripping onto the ground which would screw traction and piss off track officials. I'll have to look up that thread in SF where they found the best misting nozzles from a camry or something.

Also, what if you just left this solution in there and used it as washer fluid? Would it work, or damage the wipers or paint? I'm thinking of installing a button to the motor for my headlight washers and route them the the intercooler. A poor man's CRY02 setup!

Jspec7m88 said:
Grrrrr. I've done this to my car a long time ago.
I took the lines to the wiper nozzles and extended rubber lines around the engine bay, ran them across the top of my intercooler with holes through it. Instead of using Wiper fluid, I used about 70% Alcohol and it sprays allllllll over the IC right before I'm ready to run. It is VERY nice to have. ;)

Also, for backup, I carry a spray bottle to spray on IC pipes, anything that gets hot, really. :icon_bigg