Additional Injector Pipe - Someone should buy this

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
ive seen those before, it seems like it would be alot easier to run six big injectors than to try and control 2 extra ones to come on at certain times. but i may be wrong, thats just my thought on it.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Old technology. Those were made when we had very few other means of controlling fuel. They're obsolete now, with all the affordable piggybacks on the market today, such as the SAFC, MaftPro, and Emanage.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
annoyingrob;1085205 said:
And good luck with even distribution of the charge.

Don't even bother.

that is a function of the intake design. If the intake distribution design is good and equal. This will be evenly distributed and actually have a benefit of having enough time to atomize properly thanks to the turbulant air flow

This is absolutely no different than the indy cars of old that use to run thier monster injector plus FOUR more injectors at the intake piping.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
ive seen a set up on a the Japanese Tuner (Speed Alfa House) 7M Supra using the AIC controller but not the pipe. They had Stock Injectors for boost below 12psi, and soon as boost began to climb above 12psi the secondary 680cc injectors kicked in. Ill see if i can find a picture

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
figgie;1085311 said:
that is a function of the intake design. If the intake distribution design is good and equal. This will be evenly distributed and actually have a benefit of having enough time to atomize properly thanks to the turbulant air flow

This is absolutely no different than the indy cars of old that use to run thier monster injector plus FOUR more injectors at the intake piping.

You're right, it's all a function of intake design, and the intakes on our motors are designed for a DRY charge. You have unequal path lengths between the throttle body, and each of the cylinders. The design works well when you have a uniform charge, like pure air, but as soon as you start adding fuel into it, you're going to have differences across cylinders. That's why we run multi port injection systems on our cars. You'll notice anything running TPI is based off of a carb manifold.

I would also argue that it gives the fuel more time to condense, not to atomize better, but that's a different argument.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
single port nitrous is usually placed there...

It's not a bad design, but it was done that way back in the day because injectors wheren't as well developed (or available).

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
You're looking at it wrong, and you missed my point.

It's about money. Injectors used to be big money, and usually you'd have to find some injectors from another car that would fit. Even worse, is finding large enough injectors.

Nitrous is the same way, most people don't have the cash to go multiport.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
annoyingrob;1085934 said:
You're right, it's all a function of intake design, and the intakes on our motors are designed for a DRY charge. You have unequal path lengths between the throttle body, and each of the cylinders. The design works well when you have a uniform charge, like pure air, but as soon as you start adding fuel into it, you're going to have differences across cylinders. That's why we run multi port injection systems on our cars. You'll notice anything running TPI is based off of a carb manifold.

I would also argue that it gives the fuel more time to condense, not to atomize better, but that's a different argument.

sorry, considering that new cars are actually placing the fuel injectors FURTHER away from the valves unless direct injected for a very good reason. They are doing that for very good reason. The tempratures in the intake + incoming compressed air makes the fuel atomize better.

Look up Mr. Paul Yaw. Open you mind and don't be confined to the linear thinking which is prevelant.