act clutch problem

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Yeah but if he left the spacer in by accident it might explain whey it's not releasing being a pull clutch!

If it were a push clutch like a W58 it would slip it's tits off with the spacer in there.

lilazni3uoy

AEM Powered
Apr 1, 2005
NoRCaL and SoCaL
www.cardomain.com
well lets just hope i can figure it out soon, me and my buddy might put everything back to stock but using the act clutch, using stock pressure plate and flywheel and lets see if that answers our question but i don't know why the fidanza flywheel would be bad either the act pressure plate -__- thanks for the help!

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
i put the spacer in there (w58, got a gte that was auto tranny and didnt realize that only the auto trannies used the spacer) and i had no ill effects.

just fwiw.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Lagged push clutch you might get away with it and it's only a guess that it could affect a pull clutch after I was looking through the TRSM!

Would be nice for him if it's that simple! :)
(pita having to pull the trans though)

lilazni3uoy

AEM Powered
Apr 1, 2005
NoRCaL and SoCaL
www.cardomain.com
well ok i'ts the stupid fidanza flywheel causing all this fuss hahahaha, out of all the parts it has to be the flywheel, well should have figured it, since my buddy said that flywheel was bolted on with a tight fit i guess that gap gave it not enough room to actually engage and disengage well it's fixed thanks for all ur help tho guys!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
IJ. said:
I remember back on the old Forum DrJ (I think) posted about a batch of aftermarket Flywheels that had been machined to the wrong specs....

Don't take this as gospel though I'm old and forgetful so it could be dud info.
LOL My crap memory has a win :)!

Glad ya got it sorted!

lilazni3uoy

AEM Powered
Apr 1, 2005
NoRCaL and SoCaL
www.cardomain.com
hey yeah thats right tho gave me a good idea to pull it out hahaha i have no idea well i'ts only 1/8th of a gap compared to the stock i might machine the middle so it can slide in the rear engien nicely like the stock one cause that flywheel is like 300 bucks and i want my engine to work a little lighter with my abuse o_O haha well thanks for the tips tho man