accusump??

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
IJ.;1900052 said:
Yep replaces the manual valve, as I posted earlier I don't bother with it and just run the accumulator open all the time so it's an on demand system, pressure drops the accumulator pumps into the main gallery pressure builds it pumps back into the accumulator, in my opinion unless you have some way to monitor oil pressure accurately and open the valve under a set of conditions the electric valve is useless and quite restrictive.

my moroso e-vavle is a ball valve same size as my -10 line

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
it had the green hat one at start but it die so I replaced it with another moroso then found out they changed brands but new valve is alot better

I don't have a pic far as I know of but all look

nope no pic

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Green Hat is the restrictive Goyen one.

lsx165.jpg

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
They work ok for what they're designed for (air) Just not that flash when you're trying to flow Hot Oil...

As I said I worked for the company back in the 80's so am quite familiar with the Valves, the electric ball valve intrigues me as I can see that actually working, pity no pic!

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
let me google it maybe there will a be a pic

well I think this is it but I remember it being bigger

my car right now is nice shelf with ton of shit on it or just snap a pic

28661347-458-MOROSO-15-QT-ACCUMULATOR-w-EPC-VALVEw.jpg

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
all's I know is i can see though it

all I used it for was for priming
in the morn open the valve start car let car warm up rev car to about 6000 rpm in one gear close valve store 80 psi of perssure if remember right been so long

Last edited:

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
You guys are talking about using it when the pressure gets low, right? Not running it full flow all the time? I have the same green hat Goyen solenoid on mine, I just want to know that it will work fine for what I plan on: priming the engine before I start it up, and automatically supplying backup oil.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
As I've stated a couple of times I run mine open :p

IJ.;1898253 said:
I run my accumulator "Open" at all times, you give the engine a rev pressure goes up the accumulator builds more pressure you back off the accumulator returns that pressure to the engine and so on constantly, big benefit is if say you corner/brake ahrd and uncover the pickup and the pump get s a gulp of air normally you'd get 0 pressure for a split second and the Crank would touch the bearings and knock shortly after, with the accumulator this can't happen as it fills the hole left by the 0 pressure event saving the engine.

IJ.;1900052 said:
Yep replaces the manual valve, as I posted earlier I don't bother with it and just run the accumulator open all the time so it's an on demand system, pressure drops the accumulator pumps into the main gallery pressure builds it pumps back into the accumulator, in my opinion unless you have some way to monitor oil pressure accurately and open the valve under a set of conditions the electric valve is useless and quite restrictive.

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
Guys I think this has become my new thing for next year now thanks haha :) Like I need more braided hoses in my engine bay now I have tons! SO what do you use for a pressure source so the tank knows you fall in oil pressure so it's pushing more oil in the system?