accusump Q's

forcefedsupra

aka, Turd Furguson
Jul 19, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
I'm building a high hp 7m and was looking at getting an accusump setup. I need to know all the pieces i need and exactly how to plumb it in relation to a remote filter and oil cooler system. I'm using an upgraded oil pump and trying to do everything I can to protect this engine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Solenoid is handy but not essential, you need a -10 male T to screw into the accumulator.

lsx324.jpg

forcefedsupra

aka, Turd Furguson
Jul 19, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
I will use an electric solenoid. I can see how everything is plumbed in your pic, but which is first from the engine and which is last item before the return?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I just put the full amount in then crank for a couple of seconds with the IGN disabled.
(I also used to blow out the Remote filter Cooler, Accumulator and Lines to ensure a 100% change instead of a 60%er)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
hvyman;1667591 said:
I want a 1qt just for pre prime before cold starting. Shouldnt be too bad to mount.
Might do better with a momentary button to kill spark/fuel while cranking if you want to prime, I found cold/thick Oil isn't keen on moving out of the accumulator on it's own..
(had my MoTeC set to crank xx times when temp was lower than 60c)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Only way I could get it to work well was run the engine at 3000+ close the solenoid then shut the engine down so you had a full high pressure charge the next morning, problem with this is I preffered the accumulator flush Oil through the turbo after shutdown to pull the heat away from the core so the above wasn't an option for me.