Accordion Pipe

LumbChuck

Jan 16, 2006
Charleston, SC
The vacuum hose on the bottom of the accordion pipe is diconnected . What is the unit called where the vacuum hose goes into from the accordion pipe ? What does it do ?

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
my power steering makes bird noises when i first start it up when thegine is cold theres plenty of fluid though. could this be my problem? its connected but could be clogged up.

7m2ner

Boosted MA70
Jan 26, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Sorry for stealing the thread, but I was wondering if you guys know if the non turbo power steering pump also has the hydraulic valve, because I havent checked the pump, and i also had to plug the lower hose on the accordion pipe, because I never knew what it was for. I had never thought about that, because when I did the N/A to turbo swap I used the non turbo power steering pump, and since I get a bad idle at times, could that be the cause of the bad idle problem? thanks ricardo

1988SupraDreams

Mar 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
The pumps are the same, it was the steering racks that changed on 89+ Turbos (Progressive Power Steering), and therefore all supras have that idle up valve.

conundrum07

Just say no to Supras
Feb 26, 2007
Kansas City
7m2ner said:
and i also had to plug the lower hose on the accordion pipe, because I never knew what it was for. I had never thought about that, because when I did the N/A to turbo swap I used the non turbo power steering pump, and since I get a bad idle at times, could that be the cause of the bad idle problem? thanks ricardo

You dont have to use it. When I went NA-T I also used the NA pump and ZI just removed that vac line to clean up the engine bay. It made no difference since I ran a ~1k idle anyway.