Accordian Hose question, help quick!

albertmdh

Apr 7, 2005
Fredericksburg, VA
So I pulled the accordian hose to check the shaft play, and there is some, so I need a new turbo, i guess, but anyways, the hose on the bottom of the accordian hose, the little one, came loose, and i have no idea where it connects to, and cant find a damn flashlight. help.

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
How much play does it have?

I had mine rebuilt recently and there is some play, very little, but some.

Anyhoo, just cuz there is play is not an automatic sign of needing a rebuildl.

albertmdh

Apr 7, 2005
Fredericksburg, VA
Yeah, I'm not 100% sure on the shaft play, but the car is running 200% better now, i think I must have forgotten to reattatch that power steering hose when i did my intake, and must have been loosing metered air. Power steering sure works a hell of alot better too!

whopwood

Jun 27, 2005
Madison, WI
The only thing that line does is allow a little more air in at idle when turning the wheel. It is supposed to keep the engine from stalling when the PS pump puts a load on it. The line goes to a valve on the PS pump that only opens when there is high pressure in the pump. IE: during a turn.

The only time that tiny amount of air matters is at idle. You should not notice it otherwise.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
albertmdh said:
I must have forgotten to reattatch that power steering hose when i did my intake, and must have been losing metered air. Power

you were GAINING unmetered air. :) you'd be losing metered air AFTER the turbo. :)

-shaeff