AC Condenser Help please

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
So I would start by saying this is somewhat of a want to buy, but also more so a WHERE to buy. I have searched countless hours for a NEW OEM OR AFTERMARKET condenser for my 1991. But I can't find anything to save my life. I have found plenty for 1987, but none for 89+. Does any one know where I can possibly get one that is brand new? I searched NAPA, Oreillys, CarQuest (RIP), Advanced, Autozone, Bennet, etc. I called 14 different dealers, thinking maybe 1 might have one hidden somewhere by mistake.

So I need help guys, I need to know where to get one that is new. OR if I can acquire one that is used, undamaged and can clean it and have it work like brand new. The using of the old one is where the wtb comes in.

I checked out a few threads. And haven't found much luck with any of them.

PLEASE HELP. lol

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Nick M;2084608 said:
Cygnus shows 88460-14262. When used on one of the dealer sites, it says that doesn't exist but 88460-14252 does (discontinued) and is to 1990. All I see is used and ebay hits on google.

Here is the 14252 selection.

Yea I used a few dealer sites. I called a few of them as well and they show it in stock online, but after calling they say no it is discontinued. I appreciate the help. The site you have listed, do you know if they have it in stock? Or you didn't check?

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
A good AC shop should be able to install a generic parallel flow and fab some brackets if you want to go R-154.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Well I ordered from partsgeek. Nice guys to deal with on the phone. I called because it showed 1 in stock. The guy on the phone laughed and said I could try, but he would recommend me keep looking. I said fuck it and gave it a shot...and wouldnt you know it, A BRAND NEW DAMAGED CONDENSER showed up to my house. Mother fuck. :'(

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Iirc they come like that. And it's not damaged since the top part is not a tube. It just holds the fins.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
So it shouldn't hurt it then you guys think? When I pulled the original out it wasn't bent. The strap is for sure what bent it. I am more worried about it leaking from it crushing the fins.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk