Absolute PHATTEST possible wheel fitment on a Mk3? Anyone know?

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Any idea what's the absolute max width size for 18" wheels front and rear IF the fenders ARE rolled, while maintaining overall wheel diameter?(for speedo) Do most bodyshops do the rolling or is this something more custom? I'm doing body, paint, and wheels very soon and want to make it as fat as possible for traction and handling, plus handle 400 RWTQ.

adr_msport_hysilver_lg.jpg

This is my wheel choice, and want the deepest dish rim both front and rear for the best look. Can anyone direct me to a knowledgable dealer who knows the in's and out's of fitment of oversize wheels on Mk3's? Thanks!

Last edited:

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
nick has 10.5 equips and are VERY VERY close to the strut..they also stick out from his wheel wells allot.. the biggest i'd recomend is 10 or POSSIBLY 10.5

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
Those are the same rims I'm getting, but in hyper black. The 8.5" in the front and 9.5" in the rear. Im going with a 285/35/18 in the back and 245/40/18 in the fronts. With a +35 offset, these will fit perfectly with no rubbing and no need to roll the fenders. If you are rolling the fenders, an extra half inch wider wheel will easily fit (depending on offset). You'll want ot be in the +38 to +45 offset range, give or take.

whitemk3

Mar 30, 2005
east TN
tekdeus said:
How deep of a lip do you get with that ADR combo?

Where are you buying yours from? Best price I've found on the net so far is

http://www.thewheelconnection.com/php/showwheel.php?name=M-sport&brand=ADR&brandsearch=1
I had those wheel, they werent on my supra but on my 300zx. The rear has just over a 2.5 inch lip with 9.5s in the back. Edit and go on ebay there is a guy that gets huge shipments in of those rims and there alot better price that that. I paid 775 shipped for 18x9.5 and 18x8.5

supra87t/t4

Phase Two
Apr 9, 2005
MPLS, MN
I'm looking at the same setup as suprastic. I'm pretty sure there are better prices on ebay then thewheelconnection, at least on 17's. Anyone have any pics of them on a MKIII?

Glen

EDIT: Actually a search for "m-sport*" returns some nice pics and fitment help.

Last edited:

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
im buying mine from www.1010tires.com You make your own wheel and tire packages, by choosing you wheel, and then any brand of tires. When you buy wheels and tires at the same time, you get free lug nuts, valve stems, mounting and balancing, hub centric rings. I'll be paing around $2400cad after shipping and with Falken tires.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Suprastic said:
im buying mine from www.1010tires.com You make your own wheel and tire packages, by choosing you wheel, and then any brand of tires. When you buy wheels and tires at the same time, you get free lug nuts, valve stems, mounting and balancing, hub centric rings. I'll be paing around $2400cad after shipping and with Falken tires.

I don't see the size we need listed on that site. Plus it looks like it's $50 more per wheel than the thewheelconnection.com. Personally I'd avoid falken tires. I just got a set of 50 series falken Ziex for my Mk2 and I was brutally dissapointed. They suck! My bald BF Goodrich Comp's handled better than the new falkens. The sidewalls are so spongy! I'll always stick with BF from now on.