ABS Unit Faulty?

Supra90gr

Feb 12, 2009
Connecticut
I replaced all 4 brake lines yesterday. When bleeding the system, I realized that the front driver side caliper wasnt squirting out as much fluid as the other calipers. At first I thought it was the caliper but the caliper functions properly. I had one of my friends tap on the abs pump and while opening the bleed screw it squirted out the same as the other calipers. Then I blead the line again without tapping the abs pump and it didn't squirt out that much. Now the brake pedal feels fine sometimes but sometimes it feels very hard to push. Do you guys think the abs pump is shot and I need a new one? Or is that certain line clogged? No abs light is on :1zhelp:

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Does the car pull one direction when braking hard (i.e. from 80-0)? If so, you could have a restriction in the line. If not, you're probably fine.

Supra90gr

Feb 12, 2009
Connecticut
adampecush;1351092 said:
Does the car pull one direction when braking hard (i.e. from 80-0)? If so, you could have a restriction in the line. If not, you're probably fine.

Well it did before i replaced the lines. I havent tested yet on the highway. I did 40-0 and it didn't pull.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
the actuators are designed to go bad in the open position and then you'll just have non abs brakes.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I see to recall that they are supposed to fail open, but if they are getting stuck in the bores it could be an issue...

A flush is in order at the least...