ABS error code 32 and 34

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
Hi,
before my project started I had ABS error codes and I forgot to take a look at these while my supra was in a garage. The "ANTILOCK" light is still on so I think I have the same codes now.

The codes are:
#32 - Left front wheel speed sensor signal malfunction
#34 - Open circuit in front speed sensor

So my questions are, is it possible that these two error codes are linked together so if I have a corroded connector for the left front sensor so that there isnt a closed circuit, only one wire has a connection. So this would generate code 32 and 34 at the same time?

What are the usual faults/solutions for these error codes?
Bad sensor - Change the sensor?
Corroded connector - Clean it?

anything else?

Thanks /Marcus

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
isnt there anyone who had these error codes? How did you fix them? Were you able to fix them without replacing any sensor?

I need to fix this outside in the snow, that's why I want to know, I want to be prepared.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I would look at the wire before the sensor. Open means the circuit is not complete. The ECU can "see" the infinite resistance. It could be the coil. But the only ones I have changed were rusted pretty bad. The rest have been wiring that was damaged from road debris.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
I was never able to get my sensor out. I imagine it could have been drilled out but I didn't want to destroy it. I live in California too, so rust is not a big deal here, still its not coming out.

I'm a bit confused about your connector comment. Are you thinking the connector is rusted away, or just hypothesizing? If the connector is rusted away then it sounds reasonable that both codes could be related to that failure.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
Yeah, I had the same codes. Check the plug that came from the sensor per TSRM. Though I went so far as ripping the wires on the sensor to test it - it was bad :D (didn't get it out though).
Tried to get the sensor out on my donor-spindle and... well I half--destroyed it (not usable) by trying.
So if that's the case with you then I'd start searching for a spare spindle for a swap.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
For the record, your car functions with conventional brakes when ABS is not working. The default position of the solenoids is all open. Which is why bleeding is also conventional.