a340e from a lexus 1uz?

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I understand that the bellhousing and tailshaft housing are different, and i would assume the speed sensor goes in the same hole as the speedo cable drive gear, other than that couldnt i change those few things and use an a340e say out of an sc400, for a 7mgte supra? thanks in advance.

MightyAl

Jun 5, 2005
Chesterfield, MO
I think the biggest difference is that the valve body does not have the kick down cable. It is electronically actuated in the Lexus. I am not sure if you can swap valve bodies either.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The LS400 and SC400 are not the same transmission. The sedan has a 2.5:1 first gear, instead of 2.8. You don't want that. Well, they are mostly the same.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
If you need an automatic for a 7MGTE supra I have one you can have for free. It's been sitting at my shop since I pulled it from my car 2 years ago. It's from an 87' GTE with 96,000 miles. I was told it works by the PO, but I never drove it on the street cause the 7M it was attached to was knocking on heaven's door really, really badly.

I had it for sale on here for a year and nobody wanted it. PM me if you want it, if you're in Pittsburgh I'm about 5 hours east of you.