A340 shifting problem

cykornr

Aug 21, 2005
Newark
I have been searching for the last 3 days to find some help about my problem. I found some really cool stuff but nothing that helps. Here is the problem.
1990 7mgte auto. Stock. There are no code for the trans. Normal driving everything is fine, but at WOT it won't shift out of 1st and hits the rev limiter. I have done the check out of the system TPS-ok, in the troubleshooting guide it points to the ECT ECU or the trans is bad, but I can't find anything else to narrow the problem down. When checking the ECT ECU some voltages are low but the book doesn't say what to do. The trans was rebuilt about 20k miles ago. Anybody got any ideas?

redhot91gt

Grenade Builder
Nov 9, 2008
Mesa, AZ
Double check to make sure the cable from the transmission is not broken and is connected to the throttle body. It comes up the passenger side behind the turbo. I remember I forgot to hook it up one time and had the same exact problem.

cykornr

Aug 21, 2005
Newark
redhot91gt;1354552 said:
Double check to make sure the cable from the transmission is not broken and is connected to the throttle body. It comes up the passenger side behind the turbo. I remember I forgot to hook it up one time and had the same exact problem.

Double checked, the cable is connected and not broken. When this problem started the cable was not adjusted correctly, now it is.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Is this when you manually shift from 1st up? Or are you leaving it in 'D'?
I had this problem when I would manually shift the trans until I took all of the pistons out of the valve body and cleaned the bores.

cykornr

Aug 21, 2005
Newark
Makes no difference, in "D" or shifting up. It'll hit the rev limiter at WOT.
I just made a run with the ECT CPU disconnected I could manually shift up through the gears. The only thing was I thought I could hear a faint wine.