A1 Racing Arms Catastrophic Failure - BeWare

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
LordDigital;1530731 said:
Just to let you guys know -I contacted A1 and informed them about the failure as I mentioned here ,they demanded me to ship them the broken arm together with the original invoice ... an invoice that I do not have and a shipping charge that I don't feel responsible for at all not to mention the fact that they did not offer me a replacement (not that I need it).

After the fact that they only found time to send me ONE single email in 7 days I decided that I will send both arms together with a OEM one to a LAB at my expense and have them investigate the failure ,I don't know how long would this take because I don't even have an OEM arm right now but I'm hoping that I will be able to get at least one out of the TKO Supra which I will be dismantling next week...
Way to totally burn your rep in the Supra World go A1 smart move guys :nono:

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
Cz.;1536797 said:
They demanded you ship them the broken arm on your dime? Pretty shitty CS as far as I'm concerned. Glad I never got around to buying any of the their parts.
Bumping for any update from them about this.

No Updates from A1. I found that Lab analysis are not cheap ,will have to ship them to Europe to a fellow engineer that would not charge me arm and leg to find the truth about this A1 product. Once I get a written report I will post it here...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
LordDigital;1537990 said:
No Updates from A1. I found that Lab analysis are not cheap ,will have to ship them to Europe to a fellow engineer that would not charge me arm and leg to find the truth about this A1 product. Once I get a written report I will post it here...

Do you still need a stock arm? If so, shoot me a PM w/ your address.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
IMG_2485.JPG shows pretty well what happened. External fatigue cracking from the toe of the weld, at the "bottom" (referencing the circumference) of the weld. This failure didn't happen due to restraint in the lateral direction, rather in the rotating direction of the bushing. Excessive stiffness in the bushing could have contributed, though due to the location of the failure, I'd be willing to bet that the heat affected zone of the weld is excessively hard. If this is the case, they have some serious manufacturing issues.

If they try to feed you some bs about the arm failing due to hitting a large bump, don't buy it since that arm clearly failed due to fatigue.

As far as lab work is concerned, I've already given you your mode of failure. If you want, I could do a cross-section through the failure in my spare time (e.g. extremely cheap) and see if there are weld quality/hardness issues at work. PM me for more info if you want (and my credentials if you need them...).

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
i saw a1 arms ones and i laugh at them there junk well at lest the set i saw so i made my own

i i have more to make like lower arm and other s

p1559865_1.jpg

p1559865_2.jpg