A Weekend's Work

mkiii-1jz

The Neverending Project..
Apr 5, 2005
Denver, CO
Over the weekend, I was finally able to complete a few projects. I think the 20 hours worth of work certainly paid off. Here are some pictures of my progress.

Before:
Supra%20Driver.jpg

After:

Installation of Megan Track Series Coilovers. These were certainly an improvement over the cut springs that were on the car when I purchased it.
Megan%20Coilovers%201.jpg

Installation of ST Sway Bars. Since I was putting on new coilovers, I figured it was a good time to knock out the sway bars.
ST%20SB%202.jpg

Installation of Koyo S14 radiator (Don't mind the dirt). This took some effort and fabrication to make this work, but overall I like how it turned out. The S14 radiator was much cheaper than the MK3 and it got rid of that long radiator hose.
Koyo%20S14.jpg

Pictures of custom brackets for the bottom mounts of the radiator.
Koyo%20Brackets%202.jpg

Installation of Titan Motorsports downpipe and Greddy SP exhaust. Certainly an improvement in sound and appearance over the 2 inch crush bent pipe that was on before.
Greddy%20SP.jpg

And last but not least, installation of Longchamp XS-1. These are 17 x 9 all around with +38 offsets. Tires are 255/40 up front and 275/40 out back. No issues with rubbing. Hated to get rid of the blades, but I had to do it. :icon_bigg
Side%20Shot.jpg

Side%20Shot%202.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Nathan

mkiii-1jz

Apr 5, 2005
Denver, CO
BorHor said:
Looks a lot better. Did the cut springs even run nice?

Since I purchased the car in August of 2005, I only drove the car four times because the ride was so terrible. Most of my drive time consisted of a spin around the neighorhood just to keep it from sitting too long.

mkiii-1jz

Apr 5, 2005
Denver, CO
starscream5000 said:
Take some time and dial in the coilovers, it looks like your front end is a little higher than your back.

The front and back are actually fairly close in ride height (the driveway is partly to blame). I left the front a little bitter higher as they should come down some over time.

mkiii-1jz

Apr 5, 2005
Denver, CO
rot 90na-t said:
looks bad ass! i really like your wheels and exhaust, nice taste!!

Glad you like the wheels and exhaust. They both took a little while to find, but I think they were worth it.

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Nice and clean, I like it! :bigthumb: I'll be moving to the "Springs" on the 15th, hope to meet up with you CO guys after I get settled in ;)

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
yay! i can see the pics now! the car looks awesome. its amazing how it looks slammed with the sawblades but then you can notice the little bit of wheel well gap with the new rollies on.

how do you like the megans? i have the same coilovers on my car :D

mkiii-1jz

Apr 5, 2005
Denver, CO
stanzaspeed said:
yay! i can see the pics now! the car looks awesome. its amazing how it looks slammed with the sawblades but then you can notice the little bit of wheel well gap with the new rollies on.

how do you like the megans? i have the same coilovers on my car :D

With the cut springs, I couldn't even get a jack underneath the front end and the ride couldn't have been worse. I may end up lowering the car a little more later, but I want the springs to settle first.

As far as the Megans, I think they are great. The install took a little while because I installed them at the highest recommend setting (30mm). Bad idea. Taking the car down can be difficult as they are a little hard to turn to get them down 3 inches. Overall, I like the quality, the ride is pretty good (not my DD), and the price was right.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
haha sounds like the ride height you were at with cut springs is close to what my megans are at now. my rears are as low as they can go (still not low enough IMHO), and the fronts are a tad lower than that. i need to put 2x4's under the front wheels to get a jack under that car :biglaugh:

from the pics you posted a lil lower after the springs settle ought to be nice. i cant imagine how terrible of a ride the car had with cut springs i drove on old stock springs with blown struts before and i can only guess at how much worse the cut springs were.

I agree with you on the ride being good too. except for when the weather is good my supra is my DD. i love how a nice set of stiff coilovers feels, only downside being the lack of ground clearnace :)