A tribute to all RX7 owners, j/k just most.

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
te72;1834613 said:
This is why, when posting things from Craigslist, you post the contents of said ad instead of merely a link that will expire. That way, it preserves the fun.

Anyways, here's the copy/paste:

THIS CAR IS FUCKING FAST. I know, I built it. Do you like fast cars? Yeah? You know who else likes fast cars? Bitches. You know what kinda bitches you can get in this car? The best kind: bitches that like fast cars*. Fuck yeah. Let's be real, it's not immaculate (but close). It's an old car; old enough to take to the bar with you and get drunk**. If you are underage, you can take it to the liquor store and ask it to buy you some booze***. I love this car. I don't want to sell it. I was planning to keep it for the rest of my life. I was even looking at cemeteries that had plots of land big enough to bury me with it. That's how much I love it. You will, too.

Up for sale is my baby. I really really really really really really really really really really do not want to sell it, but I need space and do not want to put commuting miles on it anymore. I rebuilt this car when I first got it in 2007 at Rotary Evolution in Yuba City (At the time). The rebuild w/ street port has about 17k miles on it and is as strong as the day I picked it up. Anybody that knows me can vouch for the legitimacy of this setup. It dyno'd at 300.01rwhp (no bullshit) back when it still had a bunch of boost leaks and minor issues. I haven't had the chance to dyno it again, but i'm sure it is putting down more. I did not mess around when building this car. I built it to be able to hit the track/strip/drift and DD. I have not taken it to the track but have drifted it twice at the thunderdrift skidpad and daily drove it to San Francisco (76 miles a day) for 6 months. This car has also made it to sevenstock and back without issues. It is a fucking animal.

Here are the details:

1988 RX7 Turbo II - ORIGINAL TII - ~172k on the chassis ~17k on the motor

Engine:

Rebuilt w/ street port 17k (done by Rotary Evolution)
BNR Stage 2 w/ journal upgrade 17k miles - spools faster than you can slap a baby
Microtech LT8 - Fully tuned and brazilian wax smooth
Microtech DASH unit - tune and see all sensors on the fly and in car
AEM UEGO Wideband
4x 750cc Fuel Injector Clinic injectors
Walbro 255
Greddy FMIC ***retained power steering***
New NGK Wires
Racing Beat REV TII - Deep but also quiet (giggity)
Corksport 3" DP (giggity)
AC/rats nest/emissions removed for more gangsterness
OMP injectors eliminated, OMP still in place
TurboXS dual stage MBC
New alternator with dual belt pulley
Corksport Radiator w/ clutch fan shroud
New hoes all around

Suspension/Drivetrain:

Stance GR+
DTSS Eliminators
Mazdaspeed on car camber adjuster (not installed)
Mazdaspeed Motor mounts
Mazdaspeed Tranny mounts
Mazdaspeed Diff mount
Pinoin snubber
Corksport SS brake lines
New brake master cylinder
Mazdatrix ABS delete kit
New clutch slave (shit went out on me in a drive through. imagine that.)
Rebuilt clutch master
Hawk HPS pads ~10k
Blank rotors ~10k
Carbonetic 2way LSD ~3k miles
ACT SS Clutch ~10k
ACT Prolite flywheel ~10k
New starter

Interior:

Nardi Woodgrain/polished 340mm steering wheel
NRG quick release
NRG short hub
AEM UEGO AFR guage
S5 radio surround (not installed)
Infinity rear speakers
Pioneer iPod deck w/ aux in

Misc:

The paint is showing age, but the car is all one color. The seats are not ripped and are in extremely good condition considering their age. Dash has no cracks what so ever, but there are some vents missing. The rear storage bins are missing. The previous owner removed them for reasons unbeknownst to me . There are some dimples on the QP. Come take a look at the car and listen to it purr. I recently changed the plugs/wires (BUR9EQ all around), coolant flush w/ water wetter, diff fluid, oil change and fixed all of the boost leaks. It has never built boost or held it so consistently as it does now. NO TEST DRIVES unless I feel you are serious and have cash in hand. You can, however, ride with me. Sorry, no trades.

I am firm on the asking price of $7000 w/ stock wheels.
If you don't like it, well, fuck you. If I can't get asking, I will find storage and drive it when I feel like getting bitches. Only joking. I have a girlfriend who likes fast cars already. Oh yeah, did I mention that I met her in this car? Booyah.

Feel free to ask questions; text preferred: 530-2-ROTARY (seriously, that's my phone number)

Text me your email for pics

* statements have not been confirmed by the FDA, but they might be some day...soon
** you cannot drive this car into the bar and get it drunk unless you are a wizard and/or out of your mind
*** you can ask this car to buy you some booze, but I cannot guarantee the results. I do not condone underage drinking

p1842537_1.jpg

p1842537_2.jpg

p1842537_3.jpg

P.S. I noticed the subtle uses of "giggity", lul.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Thank you A.Jay, I was just about to do that... :)

I like the guy's sense of humor.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Poodles;1842775 said:
The turbo hoods always bugged me since the scoop isn't centered :rofl:

Nice car though...
Frankly, it makes more sense for it to be off to the side, same with the older Z31 turbo cars. There's nothing that's really "in" the center that needs fresh air. :p

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
True enough... I dunno, that never really bothered me. Once you go front mount, it's really just for show anyway, unless you re-route the ducting to do something else, or plug it.