A quick question to all you toyota pimps out there....

bigtimr

Mar 21, 2012
Oregon
So I was driving my 91 Mk3 turbo Supra the other day and it began to wander....
The next day it got worse...
So finally today I put it up on my rack and shook down the front suspension and found both my lower balls joints toast, upper control arm bushings and a little in the lowers and inner tie-rod ends.

While getting the balljoints is easy because Ill just go back with factory I wanted a little advice

I bought this car about 6 months ago and intended to rebuild it into a 500hp pump gas driver, and it has been a order of priority with this car.

And right now the suspension comes first, so to my questions.

Im thinking about running the tokico strut setup that is compatiable with TEMS and was wondering if there were better choices or options?

Also I wanted to know where I can locate a good poly kit for all the control arm bushings etc. (P/S I tried searching the fourms guys but I didnt find what I was looking for so if you can just point me to another thread with the info I need would work awesome as well, not the most fourm savy guy)

Any other secret tips for improving the suspensions on these cars that you guys feel like throwing out is also appreciated, thank you in advance.

If I get time and work tommorrow Ill tear my car down and post pics of the suspension rebuild as it progresses.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Ronnie K sells poly bushings for our cars, good stuff. As for the ball joints, I don't think I've ever driven a Supra that didn't need those replaced while I owned it... 20+ year old rubber is about run its course by this point.

As for the suspension and under-car stuff, I would spend money on a good set of springs and struts, or a good coilover setup. From there, a good set of sway bars (Whiteline, Tokico, and a couple other manufactures make them for us), and a brake upgrade. Can't go wrong with the AZP brake setups. ;)

bigtimr

Mar 21, 2012
Oregon
Thanks for the response te72, unforunately I did'nt get a chance to disassemble my supra today, was rebuilding the bottom end on a Lexus sc430 3uz-fe, neat car by the way.

TE72 is there a particular site you use to buy Ronnie K bushings from or is it similar priced about everywhere primarily the control arm bushings I can find the subframe and rack kits, thanks again!

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Ronnie K is a member on here. I'm not 100% sure the difference between what he sells and the Energy Suspension bushings that Driftmotion sells, I need to look into it more myself.

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
As far as I know there is little difference between Ronnie K's products and Energy's. He makes all his bushings in various durometers. And he also makes the rack bushings in poly which Energy does not offer.

bigtimr

Mar 21, 2012
Oregon
Thanks for all the responses guys, so ill do some investigation on driftmotion and does Ronnie K except PM's?