A German Soul with A Japanese Heart

Dave46

Why Not?
Nov 10, 2014
CT
Hey guys,

I used to have a BMW e46 328ci, which was in the works of a 2JZ swap. Unfortunately, due to money constraints and lack of time I had to part out and drop the project. I was and always will be a euro-fanatic, but there's a special place in me for the "other side". An mk4 has always been my dream car and I figured I could bring myself closer to it by dropping the 2jz into the BMW. As luck would have it, when I put up the BMW for sale in hopes of getting into something different... A beautiful mk3 found it's way into my hands.

Its a 1991 7mgte turbo which I'm slowly but surely learning my way around. It's mostly stock with the exception of a warlboro 255, afpr, 3" driftmotion exhaust, 3" downpipe.
I'd like to throw in a 2j per original plan in the near future to run with the big boys and make my way to around 800 at the wheel. It'll be a long journey before I can get there, but it will happen.
For now I want to learn everything I can and get it running 100%. The paint is some cheap enamel, you can see primer showing through in some areas.. I'm thinking of doing a deep midnight black with some purple flake added in. Gotta look at some paint threads to get some ideas.

I'd love any tips and advice that you could give to a new owner!
My current goals are to replace the leaky CPS, replace the PS pump and put on a lexus AFM, 550cc injectors, and EBC to squeeze a bit more power out of the 7m.
It's got 126k on the body and roughly 40k (according to PO) on the 7m.

On to the pics!
IMG_5520.jpg
IMG_5515.jpg
IMG_5488.jpg
IMG_5476.jpg
IMG_5522.jpg

Dave46

Why Not?
Nov 10, 2014
CT
Thank you! It's holding up surprisingly well for a 23 year old car. There's a crack on the top of the dash, but everything else is pretty much flawless. I'll have to take some pictures of it next time I'm in the car and post them up.