A 1986 Supra/Celica GT? ROFL

AGlobalThreat

Acceleration
Apr 4, 2005
Santa Clarita
um... LOL:

That with just some simple "TLC" will make a great Fast And Furious Street car.

Front bumper has a boink on the top

ab_3.JPG

And hey, I kinda like the taillights, so shoot me. :) He shoulda just done a better job on them, the whole car looks very amateur and ghetto

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
sirkus said:
The car isnt really the funny part. The really funny part is that smart person selling it actually called it a 1986 Celica/Supra GT...

There was a Celica Supra in '86, hence why the first MKIII is an 86.5 ;)

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Looks like it belonged to a young kid. Most "mods" are cheap, cosmetic, mostly crappy ones - the bolt-on exhaust tip, rims, the sticker, the homemade taillights, the aluminum dash..
The sad thing is, the owner was probably really wanting something special from the car.

RM777

GO OILERS GO!
May 24, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
sirkus said:
:ugh: This I know.. but.. I give up. It's still funny whether it's a 86.5 or not.

That is still a 88 spoiler and those reflective mail box stickers for letters.. :icon_razz
How can you tell the difference between an 87 and an 88 spoiler?

encomiast

boosted kraut
Mar 31, 2005
germany
IIRC, the 3rd brake lights had a slightly different shape. The 86.5 brake lights were rectangular, the 87-88 lights were trapezoid like the one displayed in the picture :)

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
IJ. said:
They did...

Not here. Only Turbos had the spoiler from the factory here, and we never had an 86 Turbo model.

Here, 87 had a square brake light, 88 had a shaped brake light. That's an 88 spoiler.

EDIT: Did a search in my EPC, that's a 2/86 model, definitely N/A and definitely didn't have a spoiler from the factory. :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Yeah, it is a shame to see an 86.5 Supra get trashed like that by some kid.

While this is not the case, I think some markets recieved "Supra GT's". Same car, just different badging. I think it was even called the 3000GT in some markets.